C6 Z06 info and *pics*

Remember, this is a CAGS not an Automatic. However today’s automatic transmissions are very impressive.

Solarian, what the hell are you talking about?

Is it auto or stick? I realize many high end sports cars use SMG style transmissions, but those are still manual. A computerized system is an automatic and doesn’t belong on a sports car. EVER.
I’m incredibly dissapointed that they’d do this. I may not be a fan of american cars, but the Corvette is an icon to many others, for it to be made in auto… it’s almost as big of an insult to car enthusiasts as the porsche cayenne.

to put in bluntly…

it is a manual transmission with a selinoid inside the case that is activated when the car is under 3000 rpms…this switch causes the 2-3 shaft in the tranny to be bypassed and goes straight to 4th…this system has been in gm cars for awhile (98+ fbodys and 97+vettes) and is commonly referred to as a lockout or skip-shift system…

the good thing is that this system can be defeated by just installing a 35 cent resistor inline with the selinoid to where it can never be activated…or paying like 150-300 bucks for a super special plug that does the same damn thing…

uh oh…watch out the engineer in me is coming out…RUNAWAY RUNAWAY!!!

Oh. Then I retract my comment :slight_smile: (and hope everyone does the conversion ;))

PS. There’s more of us than you think, I know about Andrew and me, and I think Bob - TM is an engineer as well.

Yes the system actualy is quite impressive and simple but it dose the job great. That mod has been around for a long time but for the average driver its nice to have super performance on tap with decent gas milage.

IMO

if the new c6 is better than the current z06…its a winner…the zo6 hands down out of the box is one of the most potent sports cars available for track duty…it will put to shame almost every car out there…cars 3+ times its cost

yes it may lack in “quality” but it makes up for it in sheer ability

^^ I think that was the fat lady singing. Adam has spoken. Discussion over :lol: