ca18det > 190hp?

hey guys

i think i know why my ca18det like to power down at about 5000-5500 rpms

ive got a ca18det with bolts on (intake, exhaust, fmic, ect) that spikes at 9psi at about 4500 rpms
there is no form of boost control in the car as we speak

according to my boost gauge, which reads in Hg, she runs about 6psi, but when i bring the rpms up, she spikes to 8.5-9.5 psi

its also got a stock ca18det mafs which ive read is only good for 190hp.

do you thik with bolt ons and 9psi im maxing the mafs then?

if i come on power gradually i can bring it up to redline problem free, if im driving hard and pushing each gear hard, it likes to bounce back around peak VE (5500 rpm) as if it cant go anymore

the car revs and drives perfectly freely otherwise
holds idle well, aside from a little bouncing around to to blacked plugs (short hard driving with a walbro 255 and no regulator, i know i know)

also, the little ca18 t25 would be pushing it limits aswell since its not rated for much power

think im maxing the mafs when im maxing the boost? (190hp would be maxing it)

when i had my ca running stock with the factory boost controller/ regulator i was sitting at 9 psi constant. and the maf is fine with that…

but yes if ure wanting to go over the 200 mark a bigger maf is definetly something to consider.thats coming shortly for myself to with some bigger injectors and a tune :wink:

quick question are u running a bov?? becuase im kinda jelous "car idles fine " haha once i did the bolt ons fmic, bov, 3 inch exhaust + t28 shes doesnt like the cold starts and idle like poo :frowning: till warm.

yeah im running a sheepdog

and ive alredy got a z32 mafs, gtr injectors, and tuned ecu coming

but i need to know if my current setup with 9psi is capable of 190 hp

i figure its gotta be close since stock puts out 175 hp

then ill know im maxing the mafs and ill know why she doesnt wanna power up any

you could always get an sr and turn the boost up to ten psi. Instantly being faster then your current setup.
I have a ca in one of my cars. wish i had a spare ka to swap it out for.

oh boi here we go… let it stand at ill stick to my ca, bullet proof bottom end, something a lil more rare. and work through whatever rough patches :stuck_out_tongue: not like any motor is perfect. specially not the sr :wink:

ps. my ca is holding strong at 7 mild, 14 high with a t28, so yes i may borrow some parts though lol