CA18DET BALLER build

ive been watching this build thread for awhile now and its almost done great build just about eveyrthing done that you can do to a ca18det

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=361033&page=1

I’ve been following it aswell for quite awhile now…gives me some disturbing but amazing ideas in my head of what to do next on my CA.

Great work on his behalf.

same here im waiting to swap my ca in during the spring with custom manifold and t3/t4…i dont have the flow to do what this guy did though

That’s what scares me about builds like this. I now have the flow to do such things. So many nice R32’s for sale in Alberta…hmm;)

Edit: What are your plans for fuel management to support the t3/t4? What snail are you going to be using?

im thinking of doing a nistune, or maybe greddy e-manage blue and use some bigge injectors like 450 or 550

Thats a real nice CA build. so much time, money and dedication

I would go Nistune. It seems to be the “best” for easy/great tuning abilities, and best bang for you buck.

thats what ive been reading, i got the engine and everything for 600 im just hoping its good, it just had new gaskets put on top to bottom so who knows

Have you cracked it open yet? I would assume so because you put new gaskets in.

i have not the guy before me did the gaskets im at school in nova scotia and havent even touched it yet, i had my buddy pick it up so im excited ot get back in late april and get to work on it

I would completely tear it down and put new crank/connecting rod bearings in and a new OEM headgasket/head bolts/piston rings/waterpump.

You may have a perfect motor but you’ll never know until you tear it down and while you have it torn apart you might aswell replace what was mentioned.

The motor is old and known to have problems. Rebuild and have peace of mind.:slight_smile:

dont have the money im a student…im gonna drop it in hope for the best…if it doesnt work or blows then ill just rip it out and rebuild it…it only takes and hour to pull the engine so it doesnt bother…i know its dumb and shortsighted but what can you do

You gotta do what you gotta do…:slight_smile:

haha yea i know…im just hoping that the guy who did all the gaskets before me had a look inside and made sure everything is good. but owell if anything goes wrong i can only blame myself

nice build going on there

rev to 9k babyyyyyyy rather then my ka rev to 6.5 T___T

Always been a fan of the CA motor, Mobne from Sweden, off youtube has the most powerful CA powered S13 that I know of. Lots of genius tuning and building has produced an amazing example of a CA18DET!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFw5eb0Czdc&feature=channel

he’s got lots of videos showcasing his car and the beast within lol :wink:

NICE…

THATS A FUCKING UNREAL VIDEO!!!
(sorry for caps but its that amazing)

Shit…not only a couple weeks ago he threw down 705 at the wheels. The new setup is really crazy. With lots of $$$ great things are made.