Calling real estate people /Rent to own questions

Everywhere is getting to suck, might as well live in the best place you can… I now live in shit ass schenectady and my taxes are $4k a year… What the fuck did I buy a house for? lol to continue to pay rent?

I dont mean taxes, I mean house price per SF premium from the school district. Hard to measure it down to just school, but you used to pay a lot in home value for the ability to live in Col.

This colonie is broke, the last town sup. milked it all. Taxes are going up I choke every year on it. Taxes on commercial land is already out of control

Well, Colonie’s housing is pretty much the same as me in East Greenbush. It’s a little high, but it’s not terrible.

Fuck living in Schenectady.

Well Schenectady has some of the worst and highest taxes in the damn nation. Around $45 for every $1000 home value

Rest of surrounding areas is around $20-25 including colonie. Iirc

Wish I had that.

Amsterdam is the place to be for low taxes, this 5 unit im looking at is like $2700 a year lololol…

Looked at an 8 unit in Schenectady PLUS store front for $65,000… was like holy fuck thats cheap…until they told me how much the taxes were lol… $20,000 a year

Who the fuck wants to live in Amsterdam. Can get cheap property in Rome, NY too but wtf.

Dude, Amsterdam is only 17 minutes away from the end of state street. Its not far at all from Albany, schenec, troy ext. Plus its a nice country atmosphere.

Plenty of nice rural areas around cap region with good values and land.

Sure your commute will be longer than being in colonie but plenty of other advantages. Scodak to the west, Fierra bush area to the South, Duanesburg to the west.

I live in Schenectady right near the Nisky border in a raised ranch and our taxes are up there.

BUT…

Keep in mind ANY city that has garbage pick-up, water “included” meaning you dont make payments for those things isn’t really free its just added into taxes, most people don’t understand that. You are still paying about the same amount as someone with lower taxes after all that. Hence why my taxes are higher, that and well paying Schenectady taxes also includes paying for sect 8 housing too I’m sure.

Rent for a few years and save up as much as you can. Then Try to find a seller willing to hold the mortgage. Owning shit is way more expensive.

Colonies taxes are low but are catching up. Still not even close to Albany or schenectady.

Like someone said, nothing good comes from rent to own or lease to own. Always seems that someone gets ripped off, never ends good.

Fuck amsterico. We really wanna buy a house. We cant see just throwing $xxx.xx amount away every month to rent. Our biggest issue with finding another place to rent is our dog. Not alot of places around here accept dogs.

Where in schenectady do you live? I grew up on the schenectady/Nisky border.

Put it this way, I can walk to Schenectady Muni Golf Course in about 2 minutes LOL

This… Colonies property value is high, you can
Barely get a lot of land for 40k.

You arent to far from me:hug

Oh really? Do you know Daniels Ave?

Ok so you are over by paige school. woodlawn neighborhood the nieghborhood i grew up in.

haha i do you live near Damian? Drives the red VW GLI?