Camaro V6 vs. Genesis Coupe V6

We all know C&D has some crap comparos, but I was pretty bummed to find out the V6 Camaro beat out the Genesis Coupe by one point in the last one.

This article does a good job questioning C&D’s logic in choosing the winner of the comparo:

Personally, I’d take the Hyundai over the Chevy any day. Objectively, the 300 lbs weight difference and better handling, braking, acceleration are reason enough. Subjectively, it looks way better.

C&D sucks. if there is a BMW in the test, they win. a camaro. it wins, a vette it wins… non biased of course.

yea, most of the mags are truly full of shit. i really like to read the articles over at Speed Sport Life. Jack is the fucking man.

sounds about right :slight_smile:

Genisis > Mullet Mobile POS

more like Korean POS < LS3 2010 2SS

I would never spend $26K on either one of those cars.

That makes them biased?

Shit’s true.

That car is far from a POS. It’s funny that the camaro has been made for a thousand years and nearly got beat out by a Korean 1st attempt.

You mean it did get beat. Anyone with half a brain would ignore the totally subjective portions of the comparison.

I agree. You can’t put a 300HP V6 into a land yacht and expect to get $26K for it when for the same price you could buy a car with more performance. It will just end up being discontinued.

Wait a second…

yah…with the base model Camaro

The 2SS is still WAYYYY out of their league.

if you’re going to get a camaro for fucks sake get a fucking v8.

Other than you, who’s talking about the 2SS? That’s apple to oranges.

Apples and oranges actually CAN be compared, popular to contrary belief…

im talking about it because they are comparing the Genesis which is currently their highest model, to the base model V6 camaro and are suprised that is a good comparison.

No real performance enthusiast is most likely going to buy either car anyways…atleast not the V6 camaro.

They are comparing two cars that have a similar price, a similar target audience, and a similar power plant.

It has nothing to do with whether or not its a base model or a top model. :crazy

“ride quality” is what the camaro won over. because you are comparing the Genesis with track pack suspension, wheels and brakes, so its a ridgid ride, VS a baseline camaro with buick roadmaster suspension.

Isn’t it, Contrary to popular belief?

:ponder

i would take the genesis over the v6 camaro myself, i like those cars. But if it were a z28 or ss there would be no question