Can a DET be used as a DE...yes you read that right.

Whats up guys. My flame retardant NOOB suit is buttoned on. I am having troubles finding a S13 DE long block for my NA build. Can I use and S13DET? Other than the turbo setup, couple sensors and obviously a different compression are they pretty much the same?

Have been searching this since yesterday on a few different forums and everytime I think I am close i end up reading about a Sentra swap or something.

Again…sorry to NOOB.

Seann

Dude … you really need to re-word things. The term “DE” just means Dual Overhead Cams. If your looking for a long block KA24DE , there are tons. The Sentra on the other hand is an SR20DE ( if im correct ) and its a FWD engine, meaning it wont work for any RWD setup, ( unless you do all the conversion work, but there is no point ). KA’s that are turbo charged ( custom made ) use the same sensors i belive. But yea … your post was confussing and this was the only answer i had at the moment.

what you want would be the sr20de…you dont wanna go tho the hassel of making a sr20det non turboed…they are about the same motor setup…

i dont know exact specs.

Point taken and edited original.

Hmm aparently I cannot edit the original for some reason. Sorry for the confusion. I am trying to source an S13 SR20de for an NA build. I cannot find one. Can i use an S13 SR20det in its place? What are the major differences other than what i listed above.

Good thing I had the Noob suit on 'eh

Seann

why? no love for the KA? n/a 2.4>2.0

use a KA if u want to do a NA or swap in a vg30de that would be ballin in a 240

Nothing against the KA really. After a few weeks of trolling on forums I have found more things that favour the SR for what i would like to try personally…especially if I get brave enough for a VE head swap.

Seann

vg is crap

Sr20de = 160hp~
ka24de = 150hp~

Stock they are about the same. Definitely more of a market for doing the SR build. Most easily accesible aftermarket parts for a KA are turbo spec. I.E. Cams, pistons, etc…

the VG is one of the BEST motors nissan has ever built

what the hell is wrong with you

haha yea no shit eh… VG is a sick ass motor!!!

and Y the hell would you want to UN turbo a SR?? You would have the low compression so it would be slugish all the time. and yea… that would just be really dumb… if you want SR go SR20DET! or u want NA go with the lil bit of torque from the KA

Focus fellas…I dont car about VG’s and KA’s and this isn’t going in a 240.

Can anyone please tell me the main differences between the S13 SR20DET and DE…obviously a lack of turbo…and then…

Seann

Baically are the gasket sets interchangable? Front cover? Oil pumps are different I believe. Are the internals essentially the same other than rod material and compression? Is the DET Coil while the DE has a distributor? Stuff like that

Pretty sure you can get a DE for cheap too if imported. If you wanna be really baller, grab a DE from an S15, there was definitely a high output version of it, I believe near the 200hp mark.

this is a really stupid idea man … NA sr build ?

stock sr20det are reliable … if u dont like the turbo then there is something wrong with you.

why are you all so gay and ragging on him for this?

NA is better than Turbo in every single way except like… maybe 1. :slight_smile:

just do the srde swap im pretty sure everything but the hea you can take off of a sentra with a sr20de the head just dont swap becuase of the anti freeze ports

lol that doesnt look right to me man… I believe sr20de is 140hp. I can’t see nissan making a 2.0 N/A more powerful than a 2.4L N/A.

It just wouldnt make any sense. I think If I saw anyone swap an sr20de into a 240 I would lol pretty hard…

hmmm just did a quick search. Appears were both right. Only s14 and s15 silvias had that 160hp your talking about. The rest in previous years were less powerful, as low as 125hp actually.