Can good fuses be bad?

Seeing as its cold I haven’t fucked with it much, but theres a few things on the e34 that don’t work, mainly the climate control unit. I’ve been told they commonly go bad even on e36’s. Even if I can somehow fix it im going to get a new one in better shape.

Now…

Is it possible that a fuse that looks good can be bad? Maybe a stupid question but just wondering. it has a few fuses that look factor that are not clear but have a little opening in the top where you can see the contact going across teh fuse.

Even if that contact/fuse has not blown out, is it possible that the fuse is still bad?

shady , get ready for the ride …old eauro car lololol good fuckin luckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. and if a fuse looks good , take the plastic off and look . its a great weightsaver

Use a test light. Or a meter.

As stupid as this is going to sound. I seriously did not think of that, i had a test light sitting in the car too :rofl

John, I swear to god, ever single car… EVER unless its american made, or your own… is a piece of shit or has its issues :rofl

ohhhhhhhhhh mine has issues lolol . i just never dea; wit em . like my truck . the bed is about toall off lolol ya think im gonna help it stay on ? noooooooooooooooooo f

haha, I knew i’d be in for a little ride with this thign, but driving it was isntant love… had a little hicup in its step but it throws around pretty good. Pretty much anything will feel like a fine tuned racing machine after driving that ranger for 2 years :rofl

Going to fix whatever I can, keep it clean daily it and maybe even sell it…

Luckily doing all the serious maitnence on this thing is easy. Going to try and get it all done on saterday if it doesnt rain to much

i hope it dies on ya , esp seein as ya bought that over my car

5 speed fun mobile

vs

Automatic sex mobile that gets 7mpg :lol

it may only get 7m.p.g but it milks more than that at a single rendavoux

Yes fuses in rare cases can be bad even if they look good.

Trouble shoot by switching with a working one of the same amp.