Can I build a 1000+ Horsepower engine? Apparently so.

[quote=“BaD AZz Z/28,post:113,topic:24902"”]

Come on sherm, dont beat around the bush. Im questioning Dan, and you felt left out, so you’re questioning me. Thats fine, I have no problem defending myself to any questions you have. Ive built and am building a number of engines that perform very well. I race them hard, and when the parts hold up to my abuse, they will take anything that you can throw at them as well. If you’re not on board, it isnt stopping the rest of our customers from coming down to get fast.

So you are correct, Im not an “expert”, Im an engine builder. Dan isnt an expert either. You know who is? Gene Fulton. Thats an expert. Ive met him, nice guy, has no problem discussing his engines with you. Do you know why that is? Because he knows what talent he brings, and he plans on staying a step ahead. There is no voodoo to assembling an engine, its a mix of good parts, good procedure, and some history of asking the right questions from the experts that precede you.

Has PM Performance assembled a shortblock for a viper yet? No, but Id accept the job if I was asked, I’ll make anything fast. But Im assembling an engine just as capable, and I’ll tell you all about it when Im done. So all I ask is for some substance. If Dan wants to come watch us build faster cars, I have no problem with that. Our engine clean room has a window he can look through.

[/quote]

Call up any major profitable engine shop and ask them what tricks they use to stay ahead of other companies…Go look at Tony Mamo over at AFR not dropping every aspect of his setups out to the public…and he stays well ahead of the game.

I guess the difference here is running a shop on the side as a hobby…or turning a profit because of the results your products put out.

…the proof is in the results regardless…Dynos, Track times, Customer impressions…