Can I build a 1000+ Horsepower engine? Apparently so.

At the risk of getting into a virtual e-wang swinging match, I want to say that I see no way on God’s green earth of making an additional 100hp just by changing the way a short block is put together. I don’t believe it. To change my mind, I would want to have at least a general idea of what new materials/methods were used and it would have to appear plausible. I just don’t see how “building an efficient lower end” could produce “almost 100 RWHP more” running lean on 93 octane.

Why am I skeptical? Experience - I have never seen anything like those results, and knowledge - the bottom end doesn’t make power, it just uses it up. Where is there 100hp to be gained? Friction? Windage? Rotating inertia? Make all these thing zero, and I still don’t see a gain of 100hp. Nope, no sir, not me. It will take more than a post on the Internet just saying “I did it” to make me believe it. None of you may care if I believe it or not. That’s ok with me, 'cause I don’t care!

BTW: do you remember 100mpg carburetors? Now we can add the 100hp bottom end to the list of pipe dreams.