Can I build a 1000+ Horsepower engine? Apparently so.

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:41,topic:24902"”]

where they running slicks? ive seen TT vipers launch like a bat outa hell too…but thats because they were setup for the track. on the other hand ive seen several roll vids of 1200 whp tt vipers that cant pull 700whp cobras and the such until a higher mph.

i also seem to remember filming from firehawk853s car when he was on low boost, and the gentleman in the 800-whp srt10 couldnt pull away with 200 more whp, in a car weighing 1000 lbs less, with “better suspension.” of course driving ability is a big factor, and going from stock power to over a 1000whp is a HUGE leap, and a HUGE learning curve. believe me, i know. its not like hes gona jump in there and know how to handle that power right away.

[/quote]

1. Of course you are going to need some type of slicks with the profiles that Vipers run on their tires. we NEED those rim sizes just to clear our brakes!

2. Jerry’s car has TWENTY INCH RIMS on it, with STREET TIRES, and a ROAD RACE suspension. Um, DUH?

3. Your chance of ever seeing a Viper on the street around here with a serious drag suspension/tire setup is very slim. Its not what the car was designed for, it takes away from the look of the car, and it wont handle as well. Nobody is serious enough in the Viper club about racing to give up all those things to go to a drag suspension. Its not like the cars couldnt take a turn in the first place…leaving us open to a drag suspension to get something out of it.