Can I build a 1000+ Horsepower engine? Apparently so.

[quote=“Final GTS,post:48,topic:24902"”]

Thats true, but I would prefer to avoid it if at all possible. (and I would install it myself, lol) It has many upsides, but MANY downsides, especially in a Plug-In state like NY. There is also no TRUE PCM for the SRT-10 from AEM, it is a hack-job wiring harness to get the PCM for the Gen-2 cars to work. Not being OBD2 compatible is a big problem in our cases, as well as the entire car being controlled with a BUS system, gauges and all… which ONLY the OEM PCM has the capability of supporting.

By utilizing the OEM PCM w/HPT, I can tune for all vacuum and scale the injectors, the “piggyback” (really an in-line) handles boost/timing under boost, and an AEM P&H driver allows it to handle any injector type. Its a first, and it DOES work fine, but without HPT support, it has limited capability up to 72 lb injectors.

[/quote]

I know you have your own shop. I only said that because I didn’t think you did tuning. You said someone else tuned this car…

[quote=“Final GTS,post:20,topic:24902"”]

According to the tuner who did the tuning, it is by far the highest horsepower he has seen yet for the given mod set

[/quote]

I tune cars all day for a living and I know how HP Tuners works since I use that as well. If you make the harness for the AEM EMS the right way you can remove the AEM quickly once a year for inspection on your car. I’ve done it before on another car that required the stock ECU to remain in the car for tranny control etc. that wasn’t supported by AEM for that application. The owner put the wiring back to stock in about a minute and passed inspection no problem. You can do a hack job like you said, but you can also do it nicely with quick disconnects. It just takes a little extra time to make and then it’s easy to go back and forth once a year.

After using both systems I’d rather have an AEM EMS in the car for your application and since it’s available now. Just trying to help man…