Can I build a 1000+ Horsepower engine? Apparently so.

[quote=“Final GTS,post:60,topic:24902"”]

Mike- Dont get me wrong, I wasnt coming after you or anything if thats what you thought. I tune, but this car is actually FAAAR away from here. I build Vipers from the ground up, including both Drivetrain and EMS/other electrical systems.

Its just that in a Viper, its easier said than done. Sure, you can EASILY hook up an AEM with the right harness, but swapping back to stock to pass inspection is NOT possible on a setup like this, without running both an AEM and leaving the piggyback in the harness for the swapback, and needing doubles of the wiring for both systems and what they control. I would still require the PWM outputs of the AEM just to make the car RUN (PWM controlled fuel pumps) not to mention the 02 sims, missfire codes, and fuel trims, injector swaps (which would be incorrect anyway due to diff pressures, P&H vs Sat., and pump design)… Quite literally, it would be a MESS to try and swap back, just to make it pass- thats why I am trying to avoid the swap back by making the OEM system work around the new designs.

[/quote]

I know exactly what you’re saying and I know it’s time consuming, but I’ve put a standalone in a bus car before. The Viper is the same deal as a newer Volkswagen for instance. The ECU is tied into everything in the gauge cluster etc. You have to make your own jumper harness using ECU style plugs so you can quickly swap between the two. I had to do some searching to find the ECU plugs to make it. You’ll have the stock ECU harness and your jumper harnesses. The jumper harnesses will interrupt some wires and tap others. Then you’ll make the harnesses with sets of plugs…one set for the stock ECU, one for piggyback, one for EMS. It is a bit of work to make and you’ll need to map it out on paper to keep things straight, but when it’s done if you do it right you can put everything back to stock by swapping a few plugs on your jumper setup. I can send you a picture of one if that would help make more sense.