Can I build a 1000+ Horsepower engine? Apparently so.

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:16,topic:24902"”]

no, vtec wins races

100hp w/ vtec > 239750475845785 billion hp w/o vtec, lol

[/quote]

you’re a fucking moron. what would posses you to even bring up hondas? no one said anything about hondas in this thread but you. go back to working on fucking fords!

on topic: good numbers for the viper guys

how much boost on the SC are they going to take it to? or are they done?

lol, i was just having some fun with the fact that he obviously got amazing hp out of the engine

[quote=“layzie,post:21,topic:24902"”]

on topic: good numbers for the viper guys

how much boost on the SC are they going to take it to? or are they done?

[/quote]

I am unsure if they are going to up the boost any further, more than likely just make it rock solid and shoot for 1000 even.

Without headwork, its just going to be a game of diminishing returns and heat soak, while asking for detonation as the heat creeps up.

are they going to change the fuel and try to shoot for 1000 on stock heads?

:tdown: pathetic, go build a minvan or something.

:smiley:

right on holmes :tup:

I am not surprised one bit.

[quote=“layzie,post:24,topic:24902"”]

are they going to change the fuel and try to shoot for 1000 on stock heads?

[/quote]

yes, that was my understanding. I did not hear any more talk of pulley swaps, but I can be sure he is going to try to throw even MORE timing at it once the fuel system is acceptable.

why SC and not turbo or turbos? do you benefit more with a SC on a viper?

[quote=“87FOXGT,post:25,topic:24902"”]

:tdown: pathetic, go build a minvan or something.

[/quote]

My minivan is faster than your minivan :2fingers:

[quote=“layzie,post:27,topic:24902"”]

why SC and not turbo or turbos? do you benefit more with a SC on a viper?

[/quote]

Mainly cost is the driving factor on this car. TT’s will make WAAY more power, but will be WAAAAY more expensive.

However… in the scheme of things, this guy is seeing TT numbers at SC costs! Those internals I designed for him were a pretty penny, but look what he is getting out of them… and they are strong enough to handle anything else he may do in the future.

This summer will be interesting for me, definitely. My car has lower static compression than this car referred to here, so I’ll be down a little on efficiency to boot, but then again, my headwork is second to none, so I’ll gain a lot back in dynamic compression. On the boost end, watch out… i’m-a-goin-hunt’n for some serious numbers. I will most likely max out the Paxtons capabilities before I even come within a mile of maxing anything else out, especially my fuel system. I, shall we say, now have (a) God in my fuel system. His name is D-2345.

On the other hand… wait until these end up in a TT car.

WAR LET ME HELP YOU RAISE THAT BAR, IT LOOKS HEAVY!

[quote=“gsx,post:9,topic:24902"”]

also whens your car gonna be done???

[/quote]

well, at this point, I have two holdups: Flywheel, and Tuning software.

June 1 is my LATEST date for the flywheel, and it had god damn well better be here before then or they WILL be hearing from a lawyer. It was originally slated for Mid-March, then a cocky salesman gave me the bump because he is a douchebag… and the one who caused ALL of my flywheel issues from day 1. Its totally done in the design stage & I have approved the solid models for production (Kudos to Tilton Engineering Department), just needs to be machined and shipped.

Tuning software is the next hiccup. If HPTuners doesnt get off their asses soon and release Dodge support, I will have to scale back my P&H injectors to 70 lb so they work with my piggyback (originally was going to be handling only boost, and wasnt going to have to scale the injectors… a la HPT)

Once the above is sorted out one way or the other, the car will be Supercharged. Depending on the status of problem #2, that will dictate how much horsepower I can make, based on whether I am running 72 lb or 96 lb injectors.

And I cant forget the whole myriad of other changes I am making this spring, already stockpiling parts. Fuel system updates (now 2400 horsepower capable, and will be BOTH returnless AND return! ever heard of that before? didnt think so! another VSP exclusive) New valve and lock configuration, tapered 3/8 to 5/16 instead of std 5/16 pushrods, revised breather system, Carbon Fiber PST Driveshaft, Quaife diff, Mark Williams shafts, dropping 36 pounds off with 2-pc rotors, new wheels, etc… etc.

In other words, hopefully July it will be a running driving completed VS-1000SC (Hell, Maybe VS-1250SC now? LOL) I’ll probably leave it that way until next fall, then take all the SC parts off, and replace with the TT platform.

If your building the bottom end why would you leave the top end stock? I dont know much about vipers but why not at least upgrade to a more agressive cam while its all apart.

I love the idea of 1,000rwhp on pump gas.

cool. will u be racing it at all?

Sick. I can’t imagine trying to use all that power, but still really sick.

X…

wow. awesome work

aaaaand back out to the garage to my lowly 400whp car :frowning:

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:32,topic:24902"”]

cool. will u be racing it at all?

[/quote]

Can we reserve an airport runway?:rofl: I am sure Dan will run that thing once or twice this summer.

[quote=“Marcus,post:35,topic:24902"”]

Can we reserve an airport runway?:rofl: I am sure Dan will run that thing once or twice this summer.

[/quote]

of course it will be fast as hell…but i cant see it hooking up… so itll be like all the other 700+whp cars here. it will shine above 120, but by that time the races will be over.

id like to see what i can do though…id def be up for a race :tup:

He also said he is guessing that car would be putting down about 1150-1200 horspower in a Twin Turbo configuration at the same boost

Speaking of…Back in Jan. I went to a Toronto car show (custom cars) and I saw a Viper with TT’s I think they said it was 1500hp…u know anything of them Dan? (I know they’re in CAN.) Just curious

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:36,topic:24902"”]

of course it will be fast as hell…but i cant see it hooking up… so itll be like all the other 700+whp cars here. it will shine above 120, but by that time the races will be over.

id like to see what i can do though…id def be up for a race :tup:

[/quote]

Do you know why TT Vipers run 0-60 in 2.8 seconds? 0-100 in less than 6? Because they get traction.

[quote=“Marcus,post:38,topic:24902"”]

Do you know why TT Vipers run 0-60 in 2.8 seconds? 0-100 in less than 6? Because they get traction.

[/quote]

:lolham:

Good work!

[quote=“Final GTS,post:30,topic:24902"”]

Tuning software is the next hiccup. If HPTuners doesnt get off their asses soon and release Dodge support, I will have to scale back my P&H injectors to 70 lb so they work with my piggyback (originally was going to be handling only boost, and wasnt going to have to scale the injectors… a la HPT)

Once the above is sorted out one way or the other, the car will be Supercharged. Depending on the status of problem #2, that will dictate how much horsepower I can make, based on whether I am running 72 lb or 96 lb injectors.

[/quote]

Or I could put an AEM EMS standalone on it right now. :slight_smile: With what you’re doing now and your future plans to go TT I think it’s a no brainer.