Can Phillip beat the Honda's in Solo 1 with an NA S13?

Well Phil asked the question in the NA KA24 thread so I figured I’d start up the topic. I think one advantage the 240 might have would be the potential to run massive rubber. SCC’s Project: Silvia pulled 1.0G on 225’s or 235’s (info is different in two different issues) 245’s from Project: 350z fit the back end too so there is the potential to run 240/245’s on all four corners. Pick up a set of those gummy Hoosier RS03’s or whatever thier called and you have some serious stick.

Wouldnt you want a bit of a negative camber for the track?

Like i have sportlines and my rear camber was thrown off a couple of degreese but im gettin better grip aroud the corner than with stock camber. But that could also be that i have now a lower center of gravity.

i think with coilovers camber and some R’s the car would be very fun to drive…what you have to do it figure out how many points that all costs…and see where the car ends up…

adam

Well last night, sunday, i went to shannonville with some of the ToyotaNation guys and ran against a whole flock of Hondacura’s, a WRX, Corolla’s etc. on Nelson and in a sraight line the SR was dropping everybody. Shitty tires of course means they caught me in the corners but, the idea poped into my head…if a bone stock SR can rape these hybrids in a straight it’s not too much to think a KA with some tender loving care might be able to match them.

How bout we try that.
Mike ill give you my KA and ill be glad to take your bone stock SR off your hands.

:lol: i’m sure he will go for that
But if the SR is taking them on the strait, a beafed up KA would be able to match like bomex said, and wif how our cars handle in corners, with good suspension, tires and good driving, Philip could could prob take them with the KA.

Your faith in the S chassis is admirable but fact is the Honda DC2, EF, EG, and EK chassis’ are extremely good. Double wishbones at all four corners provide them with HUGE potential and Honda engines have huge support and can make big numbers without that much work. A fully built KA could prolly match a fairly plain B16A1 or B18C1 but with guys potentially running B18C5’s or B20 hybrids the odds in favor of the S13 drop rather quickly. Throw in a turbo or a supercharger and all of the B series engines become even more lethal. I still think Phil’s advantage would be with some BIG rubber and tasty JDM suspension bits. Big brakes, which he already has will also help things. How does nitrous affect the cars classification? A throttle position based system could work to give the car that little kick in the pants it needs to run hard.

I’m not too sure, I know Adam ran with Nitrous, but depending on how long the race is might run out of juice fairly quickly, I mean, a bottle is good for what, 10-15 runs at the track when running 1/4 mile, so maybe 10-15 bursts of 13-14 seconds, that could run out quickly.

I think with a properly built 5.0L NA it would be nice! :smiley:

But as everyone mentioned, seems that it’s the higher cost in getting the correct suspension setup that will hurt the wallet.