Canadian, European and U.S bumper laws harmonized!

GTO, EVO9…all the others we couldn’t get up here, now we CAN!:smiley:
gazetteducanada.gc.ca
www.riv.ca

Sill shows that the 03-09 EVOs are inadmissable due to their bumper, maybe they havent had a chance to update it.

Has anyone read the entire article? I want to know if they state that all older vehicles are admissable or could it be that its just the 2008 + vehicles?

hmm i havent read the article but…

give it a month or two

TC will have an updated admissability list by then

Wow… This could be huge… I know more than a few people that will make use of this.

Oh geez. I wants my evo! @_@

Dude canda sucks all thye nice care aren’t admissable

There are tons of nice cars available here in Canada. I would like to know more about this “canda” place though, so feel free to fill us in.

the crash rate in canada is 5mph evo did only 3mph so i dont get how did they make it pass? change the crash rate?

^That’s exactly what they did.

sweet then im getting an evo in…10 years maybe lol

I have heard a couple different things, the second being the best;

1 - only vehicles made after the date of the change will be admissable to Canada and all others will still be inadmissable, regardless.

2 - all vehicles complying to the new standard, regardless of production date will be admissable.

In other words, nobody knows and we’ll find out soon enough.

From that article, it seemed fairly evident that it’s #2. Hopefully that’s the case.

I cant imagine them making it 2008 +. That wouldnt make much sense.

EVO here I come in 6 months, now I need to figure out a way to keep the 240.

SOmeone on MontrealRacing.com e-mail the RIV about this and they said that the Evo VIII and IX are still NOT admissible

there was a white evo 8/9 here the guy had it here for quite some time but the plates were massachusetts

why was the evo banned anyways? I’ve heard over millions of reasons i really don’t know what to believe…

The RIV site clearly states bumper law. Not sure why it would be still inadmissible now that it has been corrected.

the main reason is that when it did the crash test the bumper cracked/broke at 5km/h but the law states that it has to be minimum 7 or 8 km/h

The only real reason the EVO failed to come to Canada is because of the FMIC and it’s effects it has on the crash testing.

^^^yes but the bumper is the reason