cant get the car to run in the Megasquirt

yes i know they have a board to ask questions on but i want to ask here since some people have used it.

so here is the problem, in the megasquirt configurator i cant activate the megasquirt-1.ini needed to run the megasquirt. i downloaded the latest version and everything but it still wont work. anyone know what is wrong?

[quote=“Tunerfreak”"]

yes i know they have a board to ask questions on but i want to ask here since some people have used it.

so here is the problem, in the megasquirt configurator i cant activate the megasquirt-1.ini needed to run the megasquirt. i downloaded the latest version and everything but it still wont work. anyone know what is wrong?

[/quote]

why are you using megasquirt-1.ini. You could be activating atleast 029q or the brand new 029v by now. This is MS+Se right?

download the files, run “copyini” and and “download-firmware(w/pin jumpered etc)” – you must then activate the new code(029q/v) – that shoudl get you going.

i thought thats what i needed to activate to get it to work is y i was using that

[quote=“Tunerfreak,post:3,topic:27487"”]

i thought thats what i needed to activate to get it to work is y i was using that

[/quote]

are you trying to use megasquirt and spark Extra?

if so, then download the 029v code and use that.

it is wired for spark but i wont be using it though cause there is no need for me

i know turbociv is messing with megasquirt