Megasquirt Initial Startup Help

Car: '69 Bug
Engine: 2.0L flat 4

The motor was carburated but the kid is now going to a fuel injected setup and turbo. Were trying to get it to initially fire up but it won’t go. Its turning over and sometimes, one out of 10 tries it’ll seem like it’ll fire, but it won’t. You can smell fuel by exhaust side of the turbo. There is spark. It is NOT an electronic ignition. Pulse width is around 12.5 (ms). Duty cycle is around 40%. Gamma enrichment is roughly 98-100%. Megasquirt is set to similatneously fire all 4 injectors since he has no way of telling the ecu when to fire individually.

Were open to any and all intelligent suggestions. Saying bugs suck, go carburated or why are intelligent suggestions or comments.

what version of MS software?

This option is not there?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/haenszel/ms.jpg

:tup: MS interface is not that bad. That shoudl work just fine for you, if thats not there, change firmware versions, and get the new version of MegaTune.

–mark

Hes batch firing the injectors?

Yes that option is there and its set to similitaneous(sp?).

OMG that looks like fun to learn/play with!

Good luck!

it is :wink: – pain in the ass at first, but once you find all the settings and understand MS’s “wording” its a quick learner.

Yeah. Once we get it started it should be fairly easy to tune the car itself its just we can’t get it to turn over yet. Its real close and I know it. We tried phasing the cap 180 deg but that was of no help. I have a feeling it might be flooding or the sparks to weak. We just have no real good idea right now.

dude, what settnigs are you using, if you can upload your .msq somewhere.

I can when I get back to the dorms at like 2 am :lol: I’ll upload them and e-mail them to you if you want to give me your e-mail. Thanks dude.