Capital Ca$h for Gold LOLZ

Sell the Infiniti and go to law school.

I’m already in enough debt for a four year engineering degree, thanks though.

you know what. They are trying to say customers are getting cheated. If someone pressed for money brings in ANY item, GOLD lets say… and they are offered .05% of its “value” by weight, or 99% its “value” by weight… if they accept the offer, they are NOT being cheated. Its straight up, old school bartering. There is nothing there posted saying “you will be given XXX based on XXX wright”. so the condition, quality, etc of the pieces people bring in are also taken into the equation I would assume… its not like dave is melting it down infront of the people. It could be resold as is, as jewelery, so weight would not be as much a concern as its visual condition might be.

just saw it on the news, came running to shift…da must have it twisted somehow

His sign says he buys by the weight so if a correct weight is not being calculated please explain how someone is not getting cheated?

Seems a little strange, honestly. If he really did this on purpose, people would be calling him out all the time. I think people usually shop around and/or weigh their gold before hand…

Don’t go jumping to conclusions yet, he’s being accused of something – you can’t burn him at the stake just yet.

http://www.albanygoldbuyers.com/payouts.htm

This is what he advertises…

If he is using a rigged scale…he IS cheating these people because they are not seeing the actual weight.

Especially with the price of gold these days, a 1/2 troy ounce adds up REAL quick.

I honestly would like to hear his side of the story, maybe this is blown out of proportion because the media loves to do that but if he has been scamming people out of money that is just fucked up and he deserves everything he gets.

Wonder who tipped the cops off…

“If” being the key word here. Not trying to defend, but we can speculate until the world ends – we’re hearing one side of the story (the media) and that’s it.

Nicely put. Dave has never done anything wrong to me, he’s always been generous and courteous to anyone I’ve sent to him. If he was intentionally ripping people off, he has to take the heat no doubt – just don’t like to see him get cock-punched before we get the complete story.

I would guess the county officials who were refused inspections multiple times by the owner of the store??

As far as I’m concerned if the scale isn’t registered with the state it’s suspicious to me. If he’s trying to be professional and honest why couldn’t he have his scales up to par with the state?

From the link he would not let officials check his scales. If you have nothing to hide why wouldn’t you let them? So him not letting officials check them is admitting guilt IMO.

:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn

yea i don’t expect him to post on here anytime soon, especially about this, he would be an idiot if he did.

So does everything need a * next to it with a disclaimer for the dumb people who have to live life to a T? Common sense tells me weight, albeit a big part of it, is only part of the equation when someone brings and item to him to sell. And once again, Joe bob accepts the sale when they make them an offer, they just consented to the transaction that they are happy with the deal. If the customer was REALLY that concerned about the weight of their item VS what they thought the value should be, its up to them, in their own best interest to shop around, weigh it themselves, or what ever they feel like doing to confirm the offer they make to them.

I dont see where ANYTHING on that site says we give you XXX for XXX weight.

or he didnt know they had to be? Fault him for not doing due diligence first.

There are so many damn complications to everything around us, its insane. Everyone needs a business law degree to start a simple shop up.

No what I’m saying is he needs to have an accurate scale that meets the states regulations!! That gives him his credibility of being honest about fairly pricing gold he will buy from a customer!

he will have to pay fines and that’s it. They won’t get Near 70k…

I sent someone to Dave to sell some gold after he went to glennpeter and got a price from them. Dave paid the kid 300 dollars more than glennpeter offered. And if I believe it was only 800-1000 in gold.

/pjb

CRC may not push the Eclipse into the road with a free sign on it but they may own it if that 70k gets finalized and hits him as hard as I imagine 70k would… The media does not make it sound too good for him. It will be hard to explain away the damage that they already caused.

Not trying to pull you in Mike. Stay out! LoL