Capital Ca$h for Gold LOLZ

Heres my side -

The scales in my store are 110% accurate and dead on… This was verified as the under cover cops that sold me gold went to a different gold buyer first and there weight and mine was the EXACT same… A half troy ounce off is fucking retarded… A half troy ounce is around $500, if my scale was off by a half troy ounce then HALF of my customers gold wouldnt even register on the scale!!! 80% of my customers have a TOTAL of less then half an ounce of gold.

I bought this store about 6 months ago… I took the delivery of the store AND the website… I have not altered the website since the day i took delivery of the store… I can honestly say, I had no idea it said we buy by weight and dont feel i should be accountable for something I didnt create…

I have NEVER lied about the weight of my gold as that would make MYSELF cheat MYSELF!! My customers dont ever see my scales, only I do… I weigh the gold for my personal knowledge and make an offer… Wether or not the weight was correct or NOT you can accept or decline my offer… I’ve NEVER forced anyone to sell there gold EVER.

As far buying gold soley based on weight which was the big issue here… I DONT!!! I have paid $500 for the same weight in gold that ive paid $50 for in the passed… If something is a nice peice of jewelry I sell it to wholesalers who then retail it for triple the price!!!

I fucked with the weights and measurements guy and shouldnt have, plain and simple… He made it personal and fucked me…

Are you really trying to defend him?! So that makes it ok because he might not have known the regulations?! Get the fuck outta here! That’s the dumbest thig I’ve ever heard. If I wasnt sure I sure as hell would find out before I opened up shop!

Maybe he bought the scales from ST4TUS.

nope, i am 100% honest and would never fuck ANYONE over and WANT people to know this… this entire situation is fucking bullshit.

The media always makes a huge deal out of shit then you never hear about it again… Sad to say but it’s true.

Keeping the scales there after telling the inspectors they didn’t have rights to be inspected was probably the dumbest thing I’ve heard in years…

I will say im a little skeptical but dave has always been cool with me and I know hes been good to others in helping them out whether it be buying from them or selling to them and giving them a good deal :dunno

no doubt. I agree man. But they way people are turning his words we buy your shit based on weight, and assuming that’s the ONLY way a sale is formulated is ludicrous.

If the book says “any and all scales on the premiss need to be XXXXXXXXXXXX” and they went thats something he did wrong, and was an unfortunate oversight on his part, sure. But to jump down a guys throat can call it intentionally ripping off a customer… is childish to say the least. but thats how news companies make their money I guess.

not to mention… how can you even alter the scale to read less? I mean you zero it out, plop shit on it and it says what it THINKS it is. I would say thats the scale manufacturers fault, not Daves. And i can tell you, no offense to dave, but he isnt smart enough to reprogram a digital scales circuit board! LOL

Yeah if anyone knows anything about jewelry, a half Troy ounce Is a lot. I bet 90% of the people that sell gold don’t even have that much. Doesn’t make too much sense.

Yup I’ve met and hung out with Dave in Lake George and he’s a good dude, I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt here and it’s good to see him post.

This is YOUR store. You should prolly know what you adevertise. You shouldn’t feel accountable for something that you OWN? Unreal.

Also, why did you refuse to have your scales inspected? If you are so honest about everything you do shouldn’t you be going out of your way to make sure everything you are doing is labled/inspected/etc?

Even if you did not do these things on purpose it is still shitty running of a buisness.

Thats like me having an inspector come in and ask to see inside my tool box, storage bin, or fire proof cabinets. I would tell them to get lost and come back with proper authority, then open it and LOL when there is nothing to hide. No need to remove things from the premiss when you know, to the best of your knowledge, you did nothing wrong. If I have some goofy ass what ever chemical in there I didnt know was not allowed to be in my shop, and they found it… shame on me for not knowing i guess.

I think thats the case with dave’s issue here.

Not really. just stating what I think. Daves a friend, and a good person. he can defend himself just fine.

How is that the dumbest thing you ever heard? Have you ever opened your own public business??? I will tell you right now, there are so many fucking hoops to jump through, its scary as hell. There are SO MANY loop holes that can be misconstrued so easily to bend you over its not even funny.

Weights and measurements came into my store and asked me if i buy gold by weight… I replied “NO”… Want to know why? Because I DONT motherfucker. YES, weight is a small factor and a BASELINE but thats ITT!!! your are NOT required to have a certified scale which is thousands of dollars IF you dont buy gold by weight… My customers dont ever SEE my scales so wether they were legit or fucking not all i have to do is lie about the weight!!!

It’s the media !!! Relax its a shitty situation but he will be fine .

What the fuck is half a troy ounce? Is that like half a turd?

No I haven’t. You don’t need to either. If I had questions I’d get legal advice from a lawyer about it and make sure my I’s were dotted and t’s were crossed. I wouldn’t go on an assumption or being unsure because it’s obvious what kind of mess you could end up putting yourself in.

I give half a troy SHIT what you think wayne! :hug

hahaha

new term has just been created. :rofl

no doubt, but you you ask 5 lawyers and make sure they all say the same thing to be sure? How do you know your one lawyer isnt missing something himself???

People make mistakes. Good people pay the price and learn from them. The sharks will always be out there trying to eat people for lunch, to get money from fines… it sucks but it is what it is.

I took a shit in troy once :lol

Good luck L4B hope you beat this shit.

People already feel like “cash for gold” is a scam regardless of if it is or isn’t.

Your personal record, although it has nothing to do with this, is now all over the news.

McCoy’s name is all over this.

You certainly have an uphill battle.