Car Accident, Need Some Help

Well I called him this morning after the accident, and he said that he is calling his insurance company, so that sounds to me like he is filing a claim. I am just worried that he was trying to screw me over and tell me not to worry about it and that he would take care of it. I figured if he is calling his agent, then I should call mine too. Here is a pic of the car to give you an idea of where I got hit (but the damage is on the drivers side). You can see that the rear fender goes up to the roofline and then the entire length of the car. Do you think that entire piece would need replaced? If so, that is going to cost a ton of money. I didn’t know if they usually just pound out the dent or if they would actually replace that whole entire piece.

He was merging off of 279 and I was merging on. I had plenty of room and as I moved over, he sped up and hit me just behind my rear wheel. He said that he was looking in his mirror so that he could merge over into the lane that I was coming out of and that he didn’t see me.

We didn’t call the police because it was rush hour and they never would have come anyways.