Car Accident on the QEW today...

my mom just came home and her car was all trashed… driver side light and fender is all broken and dented… tail light is broken as well… i told her not go out but she insisted that she had to pick up someone… sigh :o well at least she is okay… but this is her 4th accident in 2 years… my dad is really gonna be pissed…

apparently she was on the QEW when it happened… she did not really go into detail but i think this is about $3000 - $4000 in damages… does anyone here do car repairs or know good places with good prices? btw, it’s a 2002 acura 1.7EL.

Can anyone here estimate roughly how much it will cost to get all this repaired? Thanks

here are some pics:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~dirdhou53/CarPics/EL1.JPG

http://home.cogeco.ca/~dirdhou53/CarPics/EL3.JPG

http://home.cogeco.ca/~dirdhou53/CarPics/EL2.JPG

=[

aww that sux, especially this time of teh year, its gona suck with the insurance too :frowning:

I dont know any repair places in that area …sry

but im glad ur mom is okay =]

that’s some pretty heavy damage.

Is the rad shroud pushed back at all?

Did the airbags go off?

Is the bumper ok, just the cover?

I don’t really know what’s going on at the back, it looks like it’s been cut open. If it is torn up like it looks, that’s going to need a lot of work to fix.

The front might not be too too $$ to get replacement panels, if there’s no structural damage. Then you can just swap the bits yourself.

But that’s pretty heavy damage …

it’s hard to tell from the pictures, but this could get expensive in a hurry.

Acura’s cost more in every way. So depending on mileage and how extensive the damage is, the car might be a write off.

Glad she’s ok though. QEW can be really bad on days like this.

Yup i’m glad she’s okay too…

Well the air bags didn’t go off, I did not really check if anything inside has been broken but as u can see… its pretty much the front bumper and the front light that is pretty much gone… the back panel can be repaired easily for sure… but the front… i’m not sure how much it’s going to cost at all.

what does it mean if the rad shroud has been pushed back? is that really bad?

oh man… this car is only 2 years old but has 75,000kms on it. 4 accidents(this one included)… and we were planning on selling it in probably about 3 months time… and then this happens.

well i found out what exactly happened… she was on the QEW driving on the right lane at 60km/h… and then her car suddenly started to slide and she went from the right lane all the way to the left lane(passing lane) and her car hit the guard rail and then her car bounced back onto the right lane again… thank god she did not hit any other cars in the middle or passing lane…nor did other cars hit her as she slid across the road…

Wow, that is a fair amount of damage.

For the front, the ds fender, bumper cover, hood, and ds light will have to be replaced, and painted. That is the bare minimum that needs to be replaced without looking under the hood.

If you go with dealership parts and labor, you will be looking at a very costly repair, you could price out the parts from a dealership to get a better estimate.

ouch!! honda’s crunch…

good thing no one got hurt

$3000-$4000 is my guess

a friends integra… lower front end mostly got pushed in… $2000 cash is his cheapest quote… with paint.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/Jedi_Car_Fan/IM001032.jpg

i saw a few accidents… one on the niagara skyway, another car slid into ditch around the corner from me.

bad weather out there…

Atleast $3000 for sure… judging from the pics you probably dont have frame damage tho… and the back panel can probably be banged out… everything in the front looks like it will need to get replaced.

God was watching over yur mom dude… I’m glad to hear nothing happened to her.

hey! I drive that Acura… :shock:

haines auto. on haines road inbetween dundas and queensway. turn left off dundas just after cawthra going north on dundas i believe. they are really good and specialize in jap cars. thats where we would send you if you came to our shop. ill get the number tomorrow if you want it

Glad your mom is ok… Its not going to be cheap, if you were to go to a place like carstar you are looking at $3500 just for the front easy. My friend hit a neon and i was there when they said it was $3200 the damage was very much the same.

My guess is around $3000. But the most important thing is your mom is ok. :wink:

That sucks dude but thank God no one was hurt that’s the important thing. It’s hard to give you an estimate by looking at pictures but if you want to bring it by here we could probably give you a quote on the repairs. Take care and drive safe.

edited

be nice, especially when bringing other people’s moms into topic

^^^Regardless if it’s a mother or the pope. If you bite it 4 times it’s probably you…not the other people.

she did not hit the guardrail 4 times, this is the first time this has happened. 2 of her other accidents were not her fault.

1. hit in the parking by someone reversing (he admitted it was his fault)

2. hit at a stop sign by a lady in an SUV (she admitted it was her fault)

3. this was my mom’s fault… she was reversing and did not look carefully.

4. there was probably black ice on the highway and that is why this happend to her.

As long as you are driving a car you are expected to not hit anything or anyone. You are also expected to be attentive and aware of waht going on around you. That goes a long way to preventing accidents like your mom seems to get into. Maybe you should suggest a driving course or car control clinic? :slight_smile: