car audio not working...

Ok, so i recently purchase a new pioneer deck with infinity 4x6 speakers to replace the stock speakers, got the nissan wiring harness from future shop the whole deal. Last night and this morning me and a friend have been working on it, everything is soldered and is done accoringly with the wiring diagrams, the deck works, has power, but there is no sound to the speakers? Any suggestions??

my friend is starting to think maybe my speaker wire is done? but all around? just from putting a deck in?..help pleaaaasee I want to put my 400 bucks to good use not to wasted parts lol…thanks

adam,

hook a speaker directly to one of the outputs on the stereo to make sure its sending a signal.

then use the continuity function on a multimeter and see if there are complete connections to all the speakers, if not, you may need to just run new wire to all of your speakers.

yea you might have to run new wires cause nissan has gay amplifiers in all the doors and rear quarters, they own your deck really fast if you hook it up wrong

same thing is happening to me…I’m not going to even go there, I’m letting the pros do this one

whatever you do, dont go to futureshop, the pros there know as much about wiring as my grandma about computers

^^^

I have to agree with that, at Futureshop and BB there is one MECP cert (most likely expired) lead tech, and 6 morons who think the sky is falling, who “train” under the lead tech.

I’m not saying that’s bad, but most of the stereo jobs are done by the kids, who don’t have the experience to do it right.

Do what scribbles said.

pm adam (shift_ka24det) he works at best buy at sherway, he knowes his stuff

nah, I’m going to other special audio shops to do this one. I know that futureshop and BB techs suck and they charge ridiculous prices

i had the same problem, i had to wire a regular speaker whire diretly to the harness coming from the dash, i had to cut and tape each wire coming from the speaker, directly to the wireharness, it was gay as hell. now i don’t have bass, caus unit is shit…the wires are messy enough as it is… so i give up and gonna get some asian place to do it for 40 bucks

Save yourself time and money and just go and see Farmer. He’ll sort you out…

Save yourself time and money and just go and see Farmer. He’ll sort you out…