Car break-ins.

more info on that please

http://www.boomerangtracking.com/pages/accueil.aspx?lang=EN-CA&region=1

http://www.boomerangtracking.com/pages/accueil.aspx?lang=EN-CA&region=1

I’m glad I live in the booneys away from any major city.

yeah i know of the boomerang system… there are only a few places that do the install and each time, the transmitter is done in a different location… only the installer knows where he put it… you get a little thing on your key and if your car moves without the transmitter in it, it alerts the boomerang security team which starts tracking and calls police to let them know where the car is… and yes it does work in garages or containers… we had a presentation here at work… you pay for the install and monthly monitoring… great idea if you love your car…

Boomerang sounds practical for a car that would be worth a little more than most of our 240s. Although we probably all cherish them to death, we’d pay more for the service than most of our cars are worth. Hey if it was a relatively cheap price i wouldnt mind looking into it in the future. Maybe things will change…who knows.

THanks for the info

boomerang is advertised and sold in almost all dealerships. Avante mazda, the place where i work, sell it, but we don’t really get many sold units. Maybe because who the hell wants to steal a mazda. When i was at acura, we had many installed, and it was by a professional. Only the salesman and the owner know where the security trigger is located. could be in door panels, under the roof liner, in one of the head rest, could be ANYWHERE. So if the car is stolen, the owner calls the dealer, or boomerang. THey trigger the GPS signal on the locator. and i can tell you, we had a Supercharged RSX once at Acura, they recovered the car in less than 30 min after the break in. The car reached the dealer on a flat bed faster than the owner. But they manage to steal his ECU. Another one is where a Benz G class was stolen, car was being parted at the thefts house, owner triggers the signal. stupidly the theft took out his ECU put it in his trunk and brought his own MDX to our dealer, to fix something, can’t remember. A police car came a couple hours after the car was dropped off, and asked us whats behind that wall. The boomerang system tracks the signal within a couple of metres from where it actually is. The cop was confused caused cause it was a benz not a acura. On his computer in the cruiser. it showed EXACTLY where it is, and his car was sitting right on top of the dot. But he was not convinced because it made no sense. He later on drove around the block and came back… Asked one of our techs working on the car to open the garage. He found a Silver 05 MDX, which is NOT the stolen car, but he found a signal IN the car, and asked if he can search it. He found the Benz ECU in the trunk. Then later on came back and told us he found the WHOLE car just down the block where the MDX owner lived. So i guess they sometimes put several recovery triggers around the car. They found a piece of the car, then found the whole thing. Freaking awesome.

That IS really awesome…

You should be one of those guys in customer testimonials haha… :stuck_out_tongue:

If you got a nice car with nice parts, dont park downtown.

• GPS systems are good to prevent car theft: LoJack, or any other one…
  • Indoor storage facilities are good to prevent parts theft.

simple as ABC.