VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ! (Attempted car theft)

Hey guys many of us have invested lot’s of time and money into our vehicles and it’s best that we try to protect them as much as we can. I have spent almost $1000.00 on my car alarm. The unit only costs about $380.00 but I added a back up battery, a back up siren and some extra sensors. I ran the wires in places that would take hours to take apart I hid the back up battery in one of the panels and the back up siren in one of the fenders in places that it would take hours to take apart and get to.

But the best investment I ever made on my alarm was on 2 Canadian tire little tiny toggle switches that I think I paid something like $5.00 for both of them.
One is hooked up to the fuel pump and the other to the ignition and both are highly hidden somewhere on the car, so even if somehow someone manages to get past the alarm they still can’t start the car!

^^^^
This was the advice that saved my friends 1995 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2 nights ago. Someone tried to steal he’s 1995 MR2 Turbo from the underground parking where his gf lives. These guys had all the time in the world because he slept over that night. The car was parked there for over 10 hours. These guys had riped out the alarm and disconnected it totally, this car was ready to be driven off but the 2 tiny little toggle switches saved the day and the thief(s) gave up on it and walked away.

GENTLEMEN make note this can save your ride someday:
http://www.bestronusa.com/images_products/SW-242.jpg

They cost like $2.00 at Canadian tire, make sure you buy the smallest ones you can find and just place them in a very unique and unthinkable place in a very unique and unthinkable way and be sure to hide the wires very well like running them through the frame… sorry I can’t give any more suggestions because then I would be giving out too much information if you know what I mean lol!!!

Take care guys and keep your rides safe.

i am definately buying the switches for my s13

where exactly can i find them in ct? or do they have a specific name that one of the sales reps would be familiar with.

where did you hide them?

Toggle switch. Sales associates won’t know. Go to the “HELP section” with all the DIY shit.

/

ive always told ppl to always 2 at least two toggles hidden. fuel and ignition.
both mine are hidden.

few months ago my buddies RSX was stolen…
he recently asked me about my system… told him it cost me bout 6$ in the end… he just couldnt beleive 6$ investment coulda saved him a 10G car.

princess auto has a HUGE selection of switches lol, cheap cheap!

lol

You can get very creative as to where to hide them as long as you have the patience to run the wires through your car.

The ignition switch didn’t help when my car was “stolen” but the fuel pump switch was perfect, they couldn’t find or bypass it!

Drop in a relay for your starter or fuel pump spliced into something factory…like your climate control blower motor.

ie your fans must be on to start the car

Insure it properly and keep everything valuable out of your car.

Nothing will stop a crook if they really want your car, face it.

I have insurance and if someone was to steal my car would get maybe $3 in change at most plus some papers. I would just get a headache from dealing with insurance. Real prevention, keep a shotgun handy :slight_smile:

http://www.boomerangtracking.com/pages/accueil.aspx?lang=EN-CA&region=1

who wuld want to drive off with ur car now a days? unless its to steal ur engine. unless ur car is STOCK. most ppl will just unbolt ur turbo and i/c kit and any bolton off mods and ur outa a few grand regardless of any alarm u have.

True, but it will at least prevent the joyriders.

HAHAHHAHHHA

who wuld want to drive off with ur car now a days? unless its to steal ur engine. unless ur car is STOCK. most ppl will just unbolt ur turbo and i/c kit and any bolton off mods and ur outa a few grand regardless of any alarm u have.

Doesnt this require lots of tools and time ? I wont doubt it hasnt happened but like wtf.

ive seen or heard of a few people getting their intercoolers ripped off

wasnt some guy on the tsx forum’s front lip and shit stolen from a parking lot.

thieves will be thieves regardless of what you do to prevent it