Biometric (fingerprint) Anti-theft devices?

I’ve been looking into these as I really don’t need/want a 3rd car jacked from me…

I found a few, this was the cheapest I found that wasn’t out of Pakistan…

http://www.justbiometrics.com/sid-vehicles.html

here’s another 2, more expensive tho

http://www.autobiometrics.com/store/immobilizers/cat_1.html

Anyone look into these? I’m only on pg 3 of the google search results, sort of expensive but seems like it’d be worth it. watch me get car jacked and lose a finger.

kinda cool, but can you program more than 1 finger to it? would be a pain in the ass if someone had to move you car and couldent

the justbiometrics is just as good as any car alarm for one simple reason. it still only wires into the ignition main wire. it would STILL be zero problem to smash your lower dash and reconnect the stock wiring

and its not realy that hard to fake a fingerprint for that matter either, and most finger print id systems fall for the fake print too

Couldnt you get a release hub for your steering wheel, alarm with pager, wheel boots, fuel cutoff switch, battery cutoff switch, the Club for the steering wheel and brake pedal, plus 120v door shocking handles and call it a day?

tazer hooked to the seat springs, activates w/ the car alarm and a pressure switch in the cushion

For $500, no effin way! 99.99% of cut-off/kill switch installs(fuel, ignition, ECU, ECU power, battery power), can be easily bypassed from under the hood of any Honduh (seeing your sig and what you’ve had stolen, RIP 01-0622).

Assuming you have a service manual, just go through the other systems and ask yourself which cannot be hotwired with a direct 12v source, or bypassed with an ECU/jumper harness swap.

Save your money for a quality alarm system with all the bells and whistles and spend some time doing a stealth install. HTH… :beer:

Hidden fuel cutoff switch wired into the fuel pump directly plus removeable steering and gps notification is as good as u can do , if somebody wants your car, they will get it

I was going to do this on top of a regular paging alarm…I suppose alarm, brake lock, 2 boots, and a hidden fuel cut is good enough tho. I just want something to totally cockblock someone from driving the car and forcing them to tow.

+1

Get a really well hidden fuel pump kill switch VERY close to the fuel pump, then weld the access cover on w/ a couple tacks… Sure you’ll have to break out the grinder to change the pump, but i don’t think that they’d be able to reach the sending unit from underneath…

http://www.lojack.com/why/pages/what-is-lojack.aspx

it’s what i suggest.

honestly i’d rather just get really good insurance and save my receipts

This is the only way a fuel kill would have any chance of even slowing a thief down. The wires downstream of the switch to the pump would have to be shielded or tucked as well. Without covering the pump, a kill switch can be bypassed by running 12v right from the cig lighter, or even directly from the battery. There’s no need to “find” the switch.

Lojack is only as good as the the cops ability to track it. How many cop cars are equiped with the tracking device and do they have the time to follow up on a stolen car. GPS allows you to track it yourself…and probably quicker(better for quick recovery of car before much strippage) but runs the risk of the signal being blocked more easily than Lojack.

Wheel boots are great, and not that Autolock crap.

It’s all about well installed layers. Good luck mang :slight_smile:

pretty cool how they came up with that. pretty expensive though.

http://www.neverstolen.com/?state=NY

/thread

precisely my thoughts… people arent stealing cars by cracking rf id’s… the disarming method, fingerprint, key code, key fob, etc etc doesnt really matter.

lead blanket (like when they give u an xray) > lojack.

newark NJ thieves man, they don’t mess around.

Also, I wouldn’t noob out and install the fingerprint scanner on the under dash ign circuit.

I was thinking of a double fuel cut, one via hidden switch, one via fingerprint, on separate circuits, but I dunno about 500 for a fingerprint scanner, I thought they’d be cheaper than that.

I’m thinking of also removing my front tow hooks and putting some kind of lock or barrier to cover up the rear hook so they can’t tow the car…and just keep the tow hooks in the car in case I ever need to get towed.

fingerprint scanner wont stop a flatbed.

way to read my last post :gay2:

that ravelco system sounds pretty nice. looks like it costs around $400.

Gonna do more googling on it.

fuck. lol.

yeah from what I have read on it , its pretty much theft proof, if I had a need for a alarm on my car thats what I would go with