various theft prevention/deterrant methods for our cars

following the recent incidents involving two s14s being stolen within one week, I thought we need to educate ourselves and beef up our car security measures, so we can discourage the assholes who are thinking about stealing our investment/hobby/possession.

I know the factory anti-theft system doesn’t do jack shit. so it got me doing a little bit of research.

I know we have our typical futureshop viper/compustar systems that does the job decently. but I want to go above and beyond, when it comes to the security.

here is what I found:

http://www.ravelco.com/product.html

apparently the track record for this thing is pretty solid, the price is approximately $470 US

http://www.viper.com/P-3305V/Viper-Responder-350-2-way-Security-System (typical 2-way security)

http://www.compustar.com/alarm/ ( typical 2-way security)

http://www.spytechs.com/ ( tracking system via G.P.S)

the steering wheel locking clubs
almost forgot the various kill switches ( fuel pump, ignition, engine ) <----- if reputable products are found, post them please.

if you guys have any other ways that can deter assholes from breaking in, post em if you got em

for obvious reasons, don’t post the kind of security system you already have. even if you are planning on getting any of the above or other security systems. you never know who is on this forum, tracking us for our cars. ( sorry for sounding paranoid lol, but i like to keep my car for a long time to come )

P.S : if anyone finds a video of a guy trying to break into a car (bmw possibly), only to get scorched by the flames shooting out the bottom side of the car), POST IT

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/college_guide/college_guide/images/gun.jpg

^^^ I like the way this guy thinks.
+1

LOL, ok i have to agree with blankets, but lets post more rational ways, that wont get any of us in trouble with the law. thank you

first of all ricer hater blanket with riced out mazda 3 can take that picture away. since it wont be usefull in that situation and with your aim you can do some serious damage with it so dont even think about it.

but i like the idea of gps tracker. hide it in some place your self so only you know where the fuck it is.
why not have a gps and fuel pump on and off switch some where so even b4 you get to use your gps system fuel pump it self will stop that ass hole from taking off in your car.

Easiest and cheapest is to run a hidden toggle switch under your dash somewhere spliced into your ignition or fuel pump. They can try an turn it over with no luck and by that time you’ve already got your louieville slugger out.

okay if your talking that much of close range yeah your allowed to use your slugger, 12 gauge, 32, 44, 50 or simply justify them with your trusty ar15.

lets keeps this thread clean guys, i wanna make this thread usefull and make it a sticky, for future 240sx owners

Even though some of you guys and I disagree/fight online lol… in real life… if any one of your cars got stolen I’d gladly help you beat up the thieves lol.

Best deterant = sticking together against scumbag thieves… Remember even Jim got his trailer stolen recently Wtf…

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/11976/tazer.jpg

Im sorry but I would for sure take a luiseville slugger to anyone trying to steal my car… keep one next to my bed and one in my trunk… Had some fuck head rip the drift charm off the back of my bumper one night while I was in the car letting it warm up at the bar, got out… said "hey asshole " as he turned around I cliped him hard… knocked his shit out cold in the parking lot… His friends didnt knwo what to say or do… Grabbed my drift charm… got back in my car and left… Good times had by all

I do agree with the kill switch to fuel pump or ecu since most good theives can jump start the starter / bump start the car if you have the kill in line with the starter

Removable steering wheels are a plus

Good locking nutz,… not just reg tuner lugs that use all use the same pattern as the next guy… spend the 60 bucks on a set of 4 Mcguard locking nuts with lazer cut key… Nothing will stop someone from stealing something if they really want it but you can deter the pumks just looking for quick grab and dash shit

aka stereo… if you have a removable faceplate use it…

back of deck they is always a heat sink with a bolt in it for extra ground hooup… take thin aircraft cable from Home Hardware loop… bolt to back then bolt to firewall… makes it so deck can not be yanked out without that line being unhooked

Hell make you car looooowwww as fuck… makes it a bitch to jack car up to remove wheels

Tinted windows so they cant see whats inside

I know its a bitch… dents etc but dont park in middle of no where at movies etc etc… behind building so people wont dent your stuff makes it soo easy for them to steal shit cause no one can see your car ( I know I got my old car broken into behind a theater one night

Clutch, brake locks, the club, steering lock. Kill switch is probably the best. Block car in if possible.

i feel like the tint gives the thief a reason to look, but all your other suggestions are spot on, like the locking lug nuts

murder is a victimless crime,
its car theft that really pisses me off

oh yea… an old guy gave me this tip if you have a Vert of any kind… Keep car clean and simple… removable deck face locking glove box et… but leave your doors un locked… Meens sure theyll get in your car but they wont cut a hole in your top getting in

Saw this one thing that is a GPS you leave in your car and it sends messages to your phone of its location, etc. That would be pretty sick to have your car stolen then show up at there house and fuck shit up haha

I doubt most people who steal cars, park them at their house and hang out while they ‘lol’ in their back yards with their “boi’s” over a night of “hard” work. I’m pretty sure anyone who steals modded cars drive them straight to a garage they can strip them at… and then sell your shit.

Had some guy picking around the back of my integra one night, my lights were off so i guess he thought i was sleeping but I saw him. Don’t know if he was trying to steal it but he didn’t like me shooting him with a semi auto bb gun from my window lol needless to say he’s never come back. Keep my 240 in the garage and since I keep the integra blocked in with a newer car and no battery.

you want anti theft system? get boomerang done deal… gps tracking anti theft