05 Town n Country
about 95ish a month

highest ever was (3 or 4 years ago)
Full Coverage
96 Del Sol
00 Taurus
02 Grand Cherokee
around 110 or 120 a month

Im paying about 110 a month on my g6 gtp vert, no accidents, no tickets. Im sure I have a bunch of bs on my insurance that I dont need, but if I get in an accident, Id rather cover all my bases than be without. State Farm was the cheapest. I tried allstate, progressive, and a few others and most were double what I’m paying.

We should make a big spreadsheet of what everyone pays, but it would have to include everything: insurance company, vehicles, driver’s ages, coverage amounts, deductibles, tort option, accidents, points, multi-policy & other discounts, the whole 9 yards. Otherwise comparing policies is almost impossible.

I’ll put a draft together and maintain it if anyone is interested in providing all their info.

I don’t mean to go off topic or highjack your thread, but it’s relevant to your original question.

I’m still very new here so I’ll keep my mouth shut …for the most part, but to list your vehicles and how much you pay with “X” company is like saying "my car will run the quarter in 14.00 because it has a 2.5L motor.

There are many other factors that play a HUGE role in how much you pay. I am an agent with a large name company so I’m not speaking out of my ass. I’d be happy to discuss anything by PM but just had to throw it out there that a comparison of “what I’m paying” discussion is virtually pointless.

Edit: You posted just as I was typing

You’ll need to get people to include their credit scores if you want it to be worth anything at all. Even then, the different rating factors are crazy to try to track accurately.

I thought that credit score had something to do with it, because when I got my credit report a few months ago it had hits on it from my insurance company. I guess a lot more goes into this stuff than I thought.

It plays a much larger role than most people think. For anybody concerned, it is considered a soft hit when an insurance company runs your credit.

nationwide

but both my wife and I have almost perfect credit scores and no accidents or tickets.

I see. Well, people can give that too. That would be even more interesting than what they pay for insurance. :slight_smile:

$95/mo 01 Audi S4
$89/mo 08 BMW 135i
$35/mo 88 VW Cabriolet

good or very good credit rating

AS of now, Nationwide has come in with the best rate, of $800.00 per 6 months. But now I’m sitting back wondering, is it worth changing for ~$300.00 year, when in about a year I will be adding a 16 year old male to the policy? Would have being with Allstate for ~24 years, be of a benefit when I go to add my son next year?

I pay about $1300/ year on a 2000 SS Camaro and a 2007 Avalanche. Geico FTW!

If he goes through that traffic school shit, maybe get a discount.

you have a cdl ?

i have a careless but one ticket isnt suspose to impact it
and i have no credit so i donno i still think im payin a little too much

I can’t say how allstate handles it, but with nationwide you don’t have to add a new driver on a permit, only once they pass their license exam. A lot of companies don’t do it this way, so it works out to be about 6 months free while he/she is on the permit. Having the years with allstate won’t affect your price change with a 16 y/o driver. Either way, be prepared for a nice bump with the new driver.

no CDL for me.

I’m not looking forward to that, since I’m already crying about what I pay.

$33/mo Progressive
98 Neon RT

If I add another RT ( 4door ) it would be around $55/mo

$110 a month here, full coverage 2002 malibu
last ticket I had was about a year ago, 15 over

We just switched to Geico after selling the srt4. We’re paying $67 a month for full coverage for an '04 Cooper S. That is about half of what we would have paid had we stayed with Erie.

Here’s my numbers:
http://home.comcast.net/~Jeff95TA/Pittspeed_Car_Insurance.xls

html in case you don’t have Excel:
http://home.comcast.net/~Jeff95TA/Pittspeed_Car_Insurance.htm

If you want to send me your info I’ll add it in, and maybe sticky a new post. (Excel format would be easiest.)
Jeff95TA@comcast.net

It won’t give the whole story, but it will at least be interesting.

We spend about $100 a month on full coverage for 2 drivers on the Jeep & full coverage on my 2002 Honda VTX. I have $0 deductible on comp & $200 on collision. It is just coming down as I had an accident & a few tickets that put me in the high risk catagory. I expect it to go down a little more as I just got a letter from State Farm stating my driving record is clean, and there will be a discount on my next bill.

I drive a company vehicle, so I don’t insure a vehicle for me. I insure my truck & GTO through Hagerty Classic Insurance, which is cheap compared to regular insurance. They are insured at an agreed value, so if they are destroyed, or stolen, I get paid what the agreed value is, not actual cash value (which is always very low). The truck has a higher premium than the GTO (almost twice as much) but both are at the same agreed value. Hagerty tells me this will change in the future, as the truck gets older, the premium will go down.

All told about $145/month for 4 vehicles with 2 drivers.