Another good reason to have good credit...

So I’ve been shopping around for insurance on a car I might buy extremely soon. My credit is shit, I’ll be the first to tell you that. So I looked into State Farm, Progressive, Allstate, and Nationwide… Here’s the general consensus I got from them:

For full coverage, MAX in every area of coverage, $0 glass, $500 all other deductibles

Credit group* Rate

Excellent $1,431 - $1,615
Above average $1,615 - $1,800
Average $1,800 - $1,984
Below average $1,984 - $3,508

That’s a $2100 jump for SIX MONTHS, just because of my credit score. It’s insanity. Everyone knows that credit affects insurance a little bit, but that is just asinine.

don’t buy a skyline :rofl

I wouldn’t.

Those rates are just nuts though. There’s a few other cars I’d rather have than any generation GTR. But I’m not buying either.

You so arent getting a k swapped civic… :ninja

Why put full coverage on a car worth two thousand bucks?

hmmm i pay 90$ a month for coverage on my beater… and only pay 10 months a year. (gotta love progressive)

thats a lot for being 25+ years old and for only one beater car (assuming without collision coverage)

I want to protect my investment…

:ninja

THOSE ARE FOR 6 MONTHS??? DAMN. what are you tring to ensure? Points?

for what its worth. I am 25, 2004 Jetta GLS, full coverage, glass, 500$Deduct, one prior claim 5 years ago and one claim on this car/insurance last Oct. I pay $69 a month! AND… I got 2 points for a reduced speeder, a year after I got the plan!

I will tell you that Gieco sucks ass for any claims, but they are dirt cheap.

I have 8 points on my license (four 1110A’s, 2pts a piece).

The car is a… 93 Honda Civic CX. :ninja

I am confused how credit score should be taking into consideration here.

People with low credit scores have been linked to poor driving. They also add risk of not paying their premiums.

You can make all the assumptions of a human’s worth you’d like. :lol

That makes sense but that fucks some poor prick who just made stupid decisions and isn’t a liability.

You = bleeding heart. ;D In general, people with poor credit are bad risks. People with red cars have higher rates too. Waaaaaa.

I pay $120/mo for full coverage, maxxed out with geico, and my credit blows donkey dick.

The Concorde is $125 every 6 months for bullshit cheap liability.

I totally agree mang. I just wouldnt’ want to be the other car that got lumped into the group. But, I am not. :slight_smile:

That sucks cause I pay 42 a month for a civic si and I’m only 23

$90 a month for a beater? I live outside NYC and pay $140 for 2 cars with FULL coverage. I paid less than $90 in Albany for the same coverage. Is the beater a Lambo?

I pay 40 a month for my G20, and about the same for the Z, ends up being about 500 a year after all is said and done

But yes, im still under my parents insurance… i will rape that for as long as possible

To be fair, it’s impossible to compare monthly amounts fairly. Too many variables.

Damn is right.

I have All State. I am 21, no claims, no points, and no tickets. I have full coverage on my 99 Maxima and even an additional $2200 (like $8/month extra) for my system (which I can probably remove now since I sold my expensive navigation unit). I pay $900/yr.

My company (I work for Farm Family Insurance) wanted like $1,400/yr and I told them hell no. That was with my 15% discount lol.