car show etiquette:rant

Dead on. I doubt I’d ever bring my dogs to Starlite. Too much sensory overload for them. But a laid-back cruise or one where I and my dogs know most of the people/dogs around them… they are there.
Same with the kids, in my opinion.
As for the ropes, for me and my car it’s a bit too pretentious to throw ropes around a car that isn’t even a classic yet, or has the minor daily-driver imperfections on it anyhow. But I cringe any time I see someone venture near who doesn’t “seem” like they respect the work put in to a car, regardless of what kind it is.
I have to remind my own wife to not let her purse hang when she’s looking at a car. Too many times she leans over and I have visions of her purse buckle scraping against someone’s nice ride. And she knows better.
Sometimes people just don’t think. Like my buddy who will come over to the house and lean on my car in the driveway while he’s out there talking to me like it’s no big deal.
Sometimes I think I’m too OCD with that, but I do cross my fingers any time I’m at a cruise that no one does something stupid near my car.