Car Shows - Answer some questions for me guys

We saw the bigger picture when we started doing our shows. The classics didn’t want to lose to a car newer than 20 years old or just off the showroom. We broke our classes down to 20 years and older, 20 years and newer, and sport compact. And we also made separate classes for Corvettes, Mustangs, and F-Bodies. Also convertibles. In past years we had 50 classes and 230+ awards to give out. Overkill, maybe, but we made a lot more people happier.

As for voting, we tried to do what we could with the buddy voting where you vote for your friend and they vote for you. We would negate that vote. But it’s hard to regulate A voting for C, C voting for B and B voting for A. No way to get around that math. And yes, there are a LOT of people that will vote for their own car. The voting sheets for our show and others we help tabulate voting for has their numbers on the sheet. And they put a vote for their own car. I feel like making the small dick award and handing it out to them.

Awards should be a bonus. The show itself should have things to do other than sit behind a car for 8 hours. Hence me asking for input on indoor and outdoor shows from you guys. Keep 'em coming.

But you can’t drive 'em in the winter!

And if I ran it, you know you would come to it.

Exactly why I ask. Shows lately have been stale and boring. It’s time to bring the shows into the year 2009.

Why do i come to them? Joe i only went to your 2 shows! LOL i never even tried to go to another show this year. When rich gets home and after he gets the car me him and beth are going to take a road trip with our 3 cars somewhere, even having my friend jim letter them up.

I must be getting old. I seem to like car shows less and less every year. Generally a place for people with more money than brains to show off their rides.

I like car shows out in the sticks where you get to see authentic homegrown stuff.

Sorry if I came off as assuming if you own a modern american muscle car, your an asshat…I didn’t mean that :slight_smile: It’s all about attitude. If your into your car and you have respect for everyone, it’s just a million times better being around you and makes the event that much better.

You seem like a cool guy so no problems here :slight_smile:

Bastinado, Brockway, +1.

exactly why you got screwed over… certain clubs like to give out the awards to certain people…my dad has been screwed over a few times by the tri-five and thats why he doesnt attend there shows anymore. I understand its not about awards but when you sit all day by your car and pay 15 dollars or so to get it judge and try to win an award and then find out you lose to a car that is p.o.s. , it kinda makes you not want to go anymore espically when you go to other shows and easily beat that car,

I didn’t go to a single car “show” this year. Did make it a point to go out to a few “meets”. I enjoy my hobby but not enough to blow an entire summer day to sit around at a “show”. Especially if I have to pay money to enter. I like seeing nice cars as much as the next guy but that gets old quick. And personally I dont enjoy showing my car for a number of reasons. Potential thieves haters unwanted attention etc. I much rather be driving than sitting in a lawn chair somewhere for hours. Organize some cruises and I would come out.

I think I went to two shows this year, one in Buffalo, one in Rochester.

I went to the one in Rochester with my father because he wanted to go.

And the one in Buffalo to hang out with friends and have a good laugh.

Typically, shows are very very stale, they need to be attached to another event (like a race weekend) for me to be even mildly entertained.

I agree.

Although the burnout contest and quads doing drags suck. Everything else was fine.