Car wont start!

aight, so today i went to go check out my car (86 300zx turbo) at storage. it still doesnt start! theres gas in the tank everything seems to be working. but theres no combustion in the cylinders…

the starter jus keeps on cranking the engine but u cant hear any combustion at all!

after a while i can smell a bit of gas inside the car… dunno why (someone tell me?)

the car has a fully charged battery while its cranking so its not tha battery.

hmmm… could it be my fuel pump? cuz i tried adjusting tha timing and nothing was goin on at all… still no combustion! :cry:

well hopefully someone could help me out here! cuz i really need my car to start!

maybe u flooded the engine i did that to my 240…i took all the spark plugs out and let it sit for a while till i thought it was dried out then i started it…

same thing happened to my brother with his van…take em out give it 2 or 3 hours u never know

hmmm… maybe… could that be tho? cuz i havent started this car in bout a month.

and last time it didnt start either.

ever since i bought tha car it didnt start! :x

it started a week before i bought the car though

lol…well just try everything u can think of…check all electrical make sure its getting good spark and that the fuel is making it into the engine…then go from there…im sure there are more people on this forum that could help but we need more information about whats going on

does it sound like the fuel pump is priming? i know u smell fuel after

hows it turning when its turning over?

does it seam like a lack of compression?/ try a compression test

other things im sure to do

maybe u blew ur engine,

^^^thats why he should check for compression

check for air (easy) spark and fuel, u say that u smell gas, u prob flooded it out while cranking. pull the plugs and let the car sit for a while, after that check to see if ur getting spark at all could narrow down ur problems, to bad plugs wires coil etc. just work ur way backwards till u find the problem. good luck pm me if u need help

Cheers
chris

hey the exact same thing happend to me a few days, try changing your ignition coil, i’m pretty sure that it could be that. I remember changing my fuel pump and trying to figure out what was wrong and it turned out to be the ignition coil, it really seems like that is what’s going on with your car as well. good luck!