Help getting Car to move -_-"

My friend has a 90 240sx which i cant seem to get moving. anyone who has expertise in engines would be very very helpful, will buy you a beer afterwards cuz i need this car to move before i pick it up off my friend.

Im in Sauga around Mavis and 403. lemme know if anyone can help and i’ll call my friend to organize a day where its good for all parties to see the car and hopefully get it moving

what does tha car do when u crank.

Does It Crank? Might Be Electrical
Do You Have Spark? Ignition/Electrical
Do You Have Fuel? Something Fuel Related: Injectors/ Filter/ Pump
Do You Have Compression? Rings, Cylinder Or Valves Could Be F&^ked
Those Questions Answer Most Problems, Or At Least Narrow It Down.
Give Some Info Though.

Replaced the Plugs today and heres what happened:
Does It Spark? New battery and plugs
Does it Receive Fuel? Not sure, maybe fuel pump
Compression? Not sure as well, but its turning over so in terms of compression, i cant really tell

Ask more, maybe i can solve this without getting someone to come out to help me

new battery and plugs does not mean it sparks, pull it out and set it on the valve cover and turn it over and look for spark?
fuel pump, check the FSU (fuel sending unit) i have one if u need one. if the wires are corroded unscrew them and steelwire brush them. clean it up
compression. well i duno mabye cheap way pull plug and feel for air comming out of the plug hole when u crank it?? or just get a compression check. screwes in and u can see the reading, not sure what motor you got.

if no spark u mite have a bad coil,wires alot. you have to go farher back then just the plug.

if u wanna be brave and see if it has fuel pull the fuel rail out with injectors and turn it over again, if u get squirted in the face buy your injectors then u know fuel is goin in. :slight_smile:

my ghetto ways work when a shop or tools is not at hand (broken down in the country) AKA highway 10 and some random street with wolfes howling

yea take like 1 of the wires out and put it near some metal see if u get a spark if u got that its prolly a fuel problem.

did the plug test, sparks fine
cant figure out how to check the fuel pump

got the viper alarm out though, thinkin i may have to rewire the damn thing since it could be a fuel cut off from the alarm system since it supposedly happened before

i would just remove any of the viper system that is in there and i can almost garuantee it will start. we have this problem at the lot all the time. Just remove everything and reconnect any wires that might have been tapped into and it should go… good luck keep us posted

haha i wish it were that easy, i need wiring god to help me, all i see are a bunch of fruity wires

Replaced the Plugs today and heres what happened:
Does It Spark? New battery and plugs
Does it Receive Fuel? Not sure, maybe fuel pump
Compression? Not sure as well, but its turning over so in terms of compression, i cant really tell

Ask more, maybe i can solve this without getting someone to come out to help me

new battery and plugs does not mean it sparks, pull it out and set it on the valve cover and turn it over and look for spark?
fuel pump, check the FSU (fuel sending unit) i have one if u need one. if the wires are corroded unscrew them and steelwire brush them. clean it up
compression. well i duno mabye cheap way pull plug and feel for air comming out of the plug hole when u crank it?? or just get a compression check. screwes in and u can see the reading, not sure what motor you got.

if no spark u mite have a bad coil,wires alot. you have to go farher back then just the plug.

if u wanna be brave and see if it has fuel pull the fuel rail out with injectors and turn it over again, if u get squirted in the face buy your injectors then u know fuel is goin in. :slight_smile:

my ghetto ways work when a shop or tools is not at hand (broken down in the country) AKA highway 10 and some random street with wolfes howling

yea take like 1 of the wires out and put it near some metal see if u get a spark if u got that its prolly a fuel problem.

did the plug test, sparks fine
cant figure out how to check the fuel pump

got the viper alarm out though, thinkin i may have to rewire the damn thing since it could be a fuel cut off from the alarm system since it supposedly happened before

i would just remove any of the viper system that is in there and i can almost garuantee it will start. we have this problem at the lot all the time. Just remove everything and reconnect any wires that might have been tapped into and it should go… good luck keep us posted

haha i wish it were that easy, i need wiring god to help me, all i see are a bunch of fruity wires

If you have spark, I doubt it’s the alarm. They usually rely on spark immobilizers to work.

To check for fuel … gah. Don’t take anything apart!!!

Take the carpet out of the back of the hatch. Have someone turn the key from off to the on position (not start, one before START). You should hear the pump start buzzing.

Actually, I’m going to teach you a secret here. Get a long ass flathead screwdriver. You know have a ghetto stethoscope. Put the blade against what you want to listen to (the top of the tank in this instance) and put your ear up against the handle. If you don’t hear anything, the fuel pump may be shot.

Do the same thing, but at the fuel rail. Place the blade of the screwdriver on the rail, and have someone turn on the key. You should hear the squish of fuel.

If you just want to know if it’s getting fuel, crank it over a bunch of times, pull out a spark plug, and see if it’s wet or stinks of gas.

I don’t remember if the S13 has a fuel pump fuse, or if it’s just a relay.

Get an FSM, it will show you where all the relays are. I think it’s in the back, near the tail lights. But I could be way off.

yea check if ur fuel pumps even getting power.