Car wont turn over...

ok so last week im driving down the road, luckily quite close to my house…

im coasting, everything is running fine… I hit the gas pedal in a normal attempt to go faster, and by some level of fuckery i go slower…

Let go of the gas… coasting normally.

Hit the gas again, car goes slower again, then the engine bogs… starts sputtering, and pooches.

try starting it again, sputters, dies.

i push the car home… my buddy thinks its the fuel pump.

so we take out my fuel pump, ruin the wires to the sending unit a bit…

Fix the wires, put in a DIFFERENT fuel pump… not a new one… a different one… put everything back together, put the Fuse back in, reconnect the battery, try to start the car and it doesnt turn over n e more…

i hear the normal car starting sound… just keeps goin, like when ur doing a compression test… no start.

anybody got a clue as to whats the problem?

thanks in advance homies.

No help?

S13… Stock kade

location?

before you go all crazy with this check the alternator for correct voltage.

I have had this happen a few times you would be surprised. As the wires were wrecked when pulling the fuel pump and a new one is installed it should at least turn over.

Located in Mississauga.

I’ll I checked the voltage on the wires after redoing them u was getting about 8 volts to the fuel pump.

i think the ground wire on the sending unit is well F***ed up.

My buddy put his sending unit in my car and it started up pretty much instantaneously.

so, guess im looking for a new sending unit.

^sending uint for what because my car is having the same problem

the fuel sending unit that holds the fuel pump.

check the fuses, then pull the fuel line going to the rail and see if gas flows out of it, or listen for the pump noise my sending unit also failed, easy but a pain to fix pm me if u need a hand

drill hole(s) in top of sending unit run new wires through hole… seal with rtv… done… those shitty terminals on the top like to corrode.