Carb problem

So I have this weird thing going on with my 250.
It was riding fine all summer, until after the, ahem, incident, it’s been sitting in the lot for a few months but put stabilizer into the tank and started it up weekly.
Last month or so it developed a weird problem, it will start and idle but rpms are slowly varying, and when I give it throttle it bogs down most of the time,
while once it finally revs up it stays revved even with throttle closed for good 5-10 seconds. I already checked the throttle grip and cable, they work fine.
The linkage doesn’t seem to stick anywhere. Anybody know what this could be? I thought the if the carbs gummed up the pilot jets would be the ones
clogged up first so it wouldn’t idle, so this is something else.

its the shitty ethanol soked fuel reackin havic in there tear down carbs give em a good cleanin and dont run pump gas in it best bet for ya

If he doesnt run pump gas wtf is he supposed to run?

race gas

Could run pump gas without ethanol

A guy on another board is telling me that it’s fouled up sparks plugs from starting and running it for a few minutes weekly.
Could the plugs really make it act like that?

no …just try cleaning out the carb … probly some shit in it …and maybe check your furl line for leaks …

it can but it should clean out but id bet on the carb because of the gas

This may sound stupid and far fetched but i’ve read a couple of times now both from Silent and 88marrow guy that the gas with ethanol is causing problems on everything carb’d. Are you guys also implying it’s going to cause problems on small engines too like snowblowers, lawn mowers, tractors, etc.? I’ve been running pump gas in ALL my small engines, lawn tractor, lawn mower, my 50 and I haven’t had a single problem with them. It sounds a little far fetched to me. My brother and I haven’t really seen any related problems regarding the fuel but again this is just coming from another shop.

To keep this on topic though, definitely take a look at the plug and change it. Take a look at the carbs too. I’ve owned plenty of carb’d cycles and it never hurts to clean them out regularly to ensure it is operating properly.

nah dude, not far fetched at all… i know people using pump gas in many carb’ed things with no problems. dana for instance uses pump in his 125cc “50” and also in his new 142cc motor. the only thing i could see the ethanol causing an issue is with a carb thats already dirty, the ethanol could be cleaning the build up and causing the carb to choke on it… if the carbs clean it shouldnt cause any issues

not sayin its all the gas,s fault but ive seen it many times in carbed cars bikes quads small engine dildo,s whatever if they sit for awhile wit it in there it swells up the needle into the seet so fuel barely can get in if at all and by the sounds of his complaint its on par wit what goes on …if i was at the bike i could do a better job at it but its hard to fix it on the comp it could be spark fuel fuck even mechanical and its better than tellin he nuked the motor like its gonna hurt to pull the carb apart anyways i clean mine all the time and replug it even if it dont need it

Alright yea thats what I figured. Thanks guys!

:gay

u got one so :stfu

well im a small engine tech lol sadly but i see it all the time in lawn mower and chain saws and all that shit most dont see a problem but some do idk its strange it all depend on useage of the engine your useing i guess

Ethanol eats away at soft metals

What is this ‘carb’ you speak of.

I think there’s something wrong with your dme.

what kind of 250? suzuki, kawi, yamaha, etc? i can say without a doubt the ethanol in the gas has been giving people FITS lately with carb’d machines. needles and seats have a coating from the factory to allow them to slide easily… the higher ethanol content is eating away at it and creating a varnish on them causing the needles to stick and cause an erratic idle or flat out poor/no running condition. what we’ve been recommending is use high test fuel (93 octane or better) with a decent amount of fuel stabilizer in EVERY tank and actually run it fairly frequently… letting them sit seems to be a big culprit as it allows the ethanol time to eat at the factory coating on the carbs/internals.

It’s Kawi 250, older model.
So I’m getting two opposing versions here.
One;

There are several things that could hint at bad plugs.

• Hard starting.
  • Slight to severe hesitation when you give the bike some throttle.
  • Stalling, especially when you give the throttle a good twist
  • uneven idling (tends to zoom up, or down, or sputters)

and the other being ethanol in the gas.
I guess what I’ll do this weekend is drain the tank, put 93 in it and see if it runs differently.

While your at it, clean the carb and change the plug too. Cleaning carbs on 250’s is a walk in the park.