Carpal Tunnel...

I think I’m developing a case of carpal tunnel… I’m on a computer probably 8-12 hours a day for the past 7 or so years.

My right wrist has been “clicky/grindy” for a while now, and is now just starting to hurt when I move it and put pressure on it. Nothing completely unbearable, but I’ve got an icepack wrapped around it right now trying to help it some. It feels swollen, that’s for sure.

Anyone either have it, had it, or know someone who has?

I’ve heard it can be a real shitty surgery; and they cut something to relieve the pressure/tension and it can cause numbness in your hands and such…

:frowning:

[quote=“97FormulaWS-6"”]

I think I’m developing a case of carpal tunnel… I’m on the NSFW threads probably 8-12 hours a day for the past 7 or so years.

[/quote]

fixed… :cjerk:

but yeah, it’s shitty now…but i know a guy that recently had it taken care of, said it was a quick procedure, and although he was a bit sore after, he was back to work typing again in no time, and apparently once you have this surgery, it’s like a permanent fix, and you never need it again…

start the right way, start the workers comp info at work and then go to the doc

take a anti inflammatory… there is also a vitamin complex for joints/cartilage that can help.

my mom used to knit for about the same time you are on your computer. she had the same issues.

had the surgery and came back that afternoon and was knitting again. a year later same problem other wrist, same surgery, back to knitting within a few hours.

get the surgery. quick and easy and little to no downtime

+1 for the workers comp start trackin thats hit now the law requires them ur work to have a log book to track injuries that way that cant motherfuck and say your faking it. You have proof that it has developed over time.

Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve, which runs from the forearm into the hand, becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist. The median nerve controls sensations to the palm side of the thumb and fingers (although not the little finger), as well as impulses to some small muscles in the hand that allow the fingers and thumb to move. The carpal tunnel - a narrow, rigid passageway of ligament and bones at the base of the hand ¾ houses the median nerve and tendons. Sometimes, thickening from irritated tendons or other swelling narrows the tunnel and causes the median nerve to be compressed. The result may be pain, weakness, or numbness in the hand and wrist, radiating up the arm. Although painful sensations may indicate other conditions, carpal tunnel syndrome is the most common and widely known of the entrapment neuropathies in which the body’s peripheral nerves are compressed or traumatized.

The surgery removes the scar tissue that’s choking the nerve. Scar tissue doesn’t go away on its own, so get it checked out. And as Violator said, anti inflammatories are good for this.

start workers comp… go see your doctor. it might just be tendonitis. my wrists swole up and they click/grind… my thumbs hurts, the palms of my hands hurt… went to the doctor, she manipulated my wrists a bit with her thumbs moving the 2 carpal bones that run along the nerve… she gave me some ibuprofen [anti inflammatory] , wrist braces to sleep with at night [u wanna make sure your wrists are straight when you sleep, not curled up- this causes more pain if their not straight no matter what]… and she also gave me simple hand motion exercises to loosen up the tendons and relax everything. havent had a problem since.
im on a computer 8+ hours a day for work… ur bound to have some sort of problems… get a better keyboard and wrist support!

my mom had the surgery as well, she worked at delphi on an assembly line for 30 years and had developed a horrible case of carpal tunnel. She got each wrist done like 3 months apart so she could still use the opposite one, and is now much better after therapy.

Definitely get it checked out, every thing can be helped if caught early.

Constantly using cntrl+a,z,x,c,v,h,f at work has made my left wrist and back of hand sore.

[quote=“redrum,post:10,topic:35022"”]

Constantly using cntrl+a,z,x,c,v,h,f at work has made my left wrist and back of hand sore.

[/quote]

that makes my lil finger hurt