Carpentry/architecht advice needed. EDIT: Now with pics of my garage.

Look hear buddey, Im’ just trying two helpe yew out. :bloated: And bee sides, no won cares about you’re garage. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/sorrysmiley.gif

:biglol:

how much do you want to spend?

Zero, but I think that’s outside the realm of what is possible. So I am going to spend the cost of a pile of 2x4’s, a bag of nuts and bolts, and a couple bags of mortar. Hopefully <$200.

fix the morter.
paint it and make it really pretty.

leave it to inspectors to worry about finding problems
for new homowners.

you think your garage sucks…
http://www.precizion.org/drvnkd/sill.jpg

mine floods around the outer edges, and has no rear gutter, is below grade
and the pad is terrible. mine is a good candidate for an accident.
but i have a real problem with insurance fraud.

OK, lets not make a traffic jam out of a one car funeral.
All you need is collar ties or joists.(You already have rafters)
End of story.

Haha :word: Leave it to the old man to bring some real world wisdom. :stuck_out_tongue: (J/K pretty lame joke since I don’t actually even know you. You’re only in your 30’s right?)

Drive nekkid, yep yer fcuked. Well, toss on a gutter, make sure the grade is right at that corner. Then torch it to the ground when it still floods. Don’t you love Tonafuckingwanda?

i love my taxes… vs someplace nicer :smiley:

edit: i’m sure i mentioned that a prettier/ dryer version
of my house across the street from me sold for 50k more than mine :smiley:

True. Relative to a ton of other places around here our taxes are good. My parents live out past rochester and are amazed that I can throw away anything I want any time I want, rather than wait for a town cleanup day to come get my insert big crappy thing here.

It’s not like you can’t own a home on poorly draining clay. Just a unique challenge if you happen to have a problem. Same as owning a home anywhere else.

yup…
i broke up my sidwalk to put in drain tile and put
all the brocken concrete ina box and at the curb.

as far as construction waste, as long as its in a reinforced box and weighs less than 50 lbs they will take it :slight_smile:

cant wait to do my roof :frowning:

:bloated: at me, i must have had a serious brain fart.

collar ties is what I meant, not rafters…