Cars & Coffee @ Eastern Hills Mall (NOT run by Matt)

Why not try another one in November if the weather is good?

And thank you for 2 things:

1. organizing this fantastic event
  2. spelling reckless correctly.

my first one at this location and they wouldn’t let me in
:choda:

still a lot of cool cars! i can def see me DD’ing an i8

What were you driving?

I was a little surprised that I was the only S2000 there or at least I believe I was the only one. I did not make it around the whole parking lot.

Captain Optimism

ducati.

did see one darker grey s2k.
in OP they came in like 5 at a time, each looked more 2F2F than the last.

If that’s true that’s TOTAL BULLSHIT. It’s one thing to apply the rules, but they surely didn’t apply them to everyone that day.

Next to me I had some rattle canned rusted out 95 eclipse, there was a couple factory ford fusions, and a bunch of other junk (junk as in perfectly nice normal cars that are manufactured on a large scale) all around me.

I spoke with Matt in regards to motorcycles in the past, specifically at Kyle’s house (2TurboZ) over summer. It doesn’t matter what brand/type of motorcycle you’re on…this event is simply tailored to cars, not motorcycles. If they let one motorcycle in it would turn into 716-Riderzzzz in which you can only imagine what type of person it would attract moving forward. I typically park on the outside when I attend this event on one of my motorcycles and walk over. I do this not because what I ride there isn’t show worthy, but simply because it’s a car show.

Yeah KCUV…start your own meet!

Bikes and Bagels!!!

Motorcycles and Muffins!!!

:slight_smile:

fine. bitches love bagels. maybe id rather be there anyway. while you guys talk about your lug nut keys, i’ll be talking salmon and cream cheese w/ hoes.

I took my fathers bone stock Red 03. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. Has only 36,000miles.

• Updated - - -

I’d have to agree that someone must of stepped away for a little because I witnessed some everyday run of the mill Fusion and similar cars parked in the lot.

lol

Or instead of standing around cars like wankers, we could go for a ride on the motorcycles? Just a thought

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e6/fa/ce/e6facee6882ddfc676bf54194d55d5f0.jpg

I’m not personally attacking bike owners, or truck / SUV owners by not allowing them to participate in the event, this just simply isn’t the right venue for that. The entire premise of Cars and Coffee was to provide an event to cars that did not fit in to the typical “Car” or “Bike” show. The event is intended mostly for European cars, as these generally do not have as big of a following, and the small groups are scattered in variety so there is never a large showing. A Mustang / Corvette / Import can fit nicely into probably 5 shows every week during the summer, but how many shows a week cater to the odd, lesser heard of or popular vehicles? That silver Lamborghini Espada, or white TVR can’t just show up to a bar cruise night, but they have a home here at Cars and Coffee where they can bring the cars and meet other genuine car enthusiasts that won’t scoff at it because it’s different or not exactly what they prefer.

I’ve been attempting to work on a plan that would eliminate some of the rusted out import cars, or stock factory vehicles like the fusions mentioned, but in an effort of being fair and not hypocritical I haven’t been able to yet. I want the event to remain as all inclusive as possible, but I think the herd needs to be thinned out. Any suggestions are welcome. I’m beginning to work on the event for next year, and if a solid plan can be put together I wouldn’t be against allowing some trucks, and some motorcycles.

That TVR is such a cool car. Also towards your SUV/Truck situation, I could see letting something like an old Defender or an old FJ. Also any sort of Classic or rare pickup/SUV. My thoughts around those vehicles are that they are true car/automotive enthusiasts that will respect all other vehicles at the show. Where as a lifted pickup truck… could just be a bro/douche and we see them everywhere in Buffalo. (Not all)

Suggestion for mustangs. Group them all together so people can watch as they leave to stay clear and not be attacked by a wild horse. This also allows for people to get video ready when they leave. haha Also since these cars are a dime a dozen and at every single car show.
:danny:

I have a lot of respect for the effort you put forth to create an event like this in the 716 area. I have been to C&C in other areas, as Im sure you have based on your goals for this event, and there seems to be almost no need for filtering, just truly interesting automobiles and motorcycles. Goodluck with the season ahead.

April is not far away at all so Cars and Coffee will be back soon, I wanted to get input from NYspeed on some proposals that have been sent in to me. Like @yamba6 mentioned for Trucks/SUVs, only allow certain model years in. If we set the cut off at say 1975, would that allow enough of the quality trucks and SUVs to attend, while still keeping out the modified Jeeps / Diesel pick ups? I’m not as well versed on this vehicles, so if there is a particular year that I should include, let me know.

In regards to Motorcycles, I’ve talked to several other organizers along the East Coast, this is just something that the event is not intended for. While I won’t be able to expand the main area to include bikes, I have thought about a designated parking area for them so they can park together, and don’t have to worry about regular mall walkers damaging them. Would this turn into more of a headache and open the door to 716 bikers, or is this a worthwhile pursuit?

I’ve made zero headway as far as cars go unfortunately, every time I think I’ve found a good way to thin entrants, there is a loop hole, or worthy attendee that would be excluded. While I can personally think of cars that I could stop at the entrance, I am getting fairly tired of standing there all morning not getting to actually talk with anyone. Hoping this season we may work towards self selection rather than enforcement at the gate.

Let me know your thoughts.

My old man bought an Evora S, I’m sure he will show up to at least one of these this year.

I am still on board with the small donation to get in to the event itself.

$5 or $10 and you get a doughnut or coffee.

Have the proceeds pay for some of the expense and donate the rest to a charitable organization.