Cars Vibrating At Low RPM?

Ive been noticing that something is messed up in my tranny. As i drive at low rpms about 1700-2200 the car begins to vibrate. this occurs in every gear but only lasts in this range after that its gone. i figured it must be the tranny and not the drive shaft since it doesn’t do it in neutral.

I gotta change my clutch anyways so any ideas on what this can be, maybe one of the bearings?

Oh yea its a s14 and the tranny has only about 140k.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

The bushing in the split driveshaft perhaps? Would only be noticeable when force is applied…

check the mounts just to be sure. I doubt that at 140K the mounts would be bad but ya never know. If its the OEM clutch maybe its going or if the clutch is a replacement and was not centered properly during installation it could also give you that type of feel with vibrations etc…

check u-joints and hangar bearing

yea the clutch is going for sure it slips sometimes and alot on hot days

your car has too much torque D: lol jk

^^ i wish

my concern is that the vibration doesnt occur when the car is in neutral doesnt that mean it should still vibrate if its the driveshaft?

drive shaft doesn’t spin when you are in nuetral.

If it’s RPM related it isn’t the drive shaft, guaranteed.

While you have the tranny out to do the clutch check for any play in the input shaft bearing.

Like buddy said, check the u-joints and hanger.I had a similar issue, it turned out to be u-joints.
Or you can go with a sick one piece drive shaft from The driveshaft shop
Cheers bro and good luck

If it’s in neutral, the driveshaft isn’t spinning, so why would it vibrate. If anything it IS the driveshaft as everyone has been saying, and it is most likely out of balance due to the hangar bushing or the u-joint (as forementioned).

:confused:

Wheel speed vibrations are drive shaft/differential/anything after the transmission, engine speed vibrations are not.

Just so we are all clear on this, if the car is moving…so is your drive shaft. Even if the clutch is in, or its in neutral. If anyone cares to contest this fact, I will destroy you.

ye thats what ive heard to when its in neutral the driveshaft is still spinning, but for now ill check the ujoints and hanger bearing when i get some time.

LOL!

Awesome.

okay so i was just doing some research and alot of people with the same issue as me said it was faulty u joints or just not enough lubrication. some also outlined the fact that the driveshafts may not be in balance, im guessing if thats the case im gonna have to go to a driveshaft shop. But before i continue to search i just wanted to clarify something. So since the driveshaft is spinning when the car is in neutral doesnt that mean that the vibration should still occur. or is it that the amount of pressure applied on the driveshaft has decreased since the car is in neutral, thus leading to no vibration. Im just hoping its not a tranny issue, and the more i think about it, i think it probably isn’t. I hope!

Maybe worn engine mounts as well,or exhaust rubbingc somewhere

the engine mounts seem to be fine but i know my exhaust is like rattling and doing some next shit lol. im replacing it anyway but the exhaust cant be producing the type of vibrations im getting lol