Droning noise and vibration in driveline at specific gears and rpm

Hey, I’ve had this droning noise and vibration coming from what feels like the rear end ever since my SR swap, with the stock driveshaft it would be loudest in 4th gear between 65-70 km/h (40-43 mph) when decelerating in gear, but still heard very slightly in some other gears at a certain speed range. Under load, and neutral, no noise ever.

I upgraded recently to an aluminum 1 piece driveshaft, now the noise is gone in that range, but instead its there at 4th gear at 70-80 km/h (43-49 mph), 5th gear at 80-90 km/h (49-55 mph), both when decelerating and in 3rd gear at around 40-60 km/h (24-37 mph) when decelerating or even under load. The noise is now higher pitch and the vibration is at a higher frequency (probably due to the fact that its one piece with no rubber along the way like the stock one)

Sound seems like its coming from the diff… however may be affected by gearsets in the tranny? I dont know…Has anyone come across something like this?

Id be looking at the diff too man

Yeah thats what i’m thinking, however if it was the diff, I’d almost think that it would happen in all gears at a certain rpm or speed? I’m not very experienced in differentials and transmission gear sets. But its just very specific to certain gears and speed ranges so thats why im questioning the tranny also. I dont think I ever had that sound before I swapped in the sr, but it was so long ago I forget now.

the same thing happened to me. i found that my flywheel was not surfaced properly, so i got it resurfaced again,installed a new clutch and changed the tranny mount. now its fine i would check those three and the engine mounts too

The exact same thing, like at specific speeds and gears? Good call, luckily a tranny doesnt take long to remove :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks dude.

i’ve been getting a groaning sound whenever i let off the throttle between 2-3k in all gears also, got a vibration coming from rear wheels too. I thought it was just hard tranny mount and the fact that i have a 2 way diff. i dunno. I swapped a driveshaft hoping it would fix the problem too, didn’t fix shit. Everything else looks fine.

Let me know if you figure something out.

jeeta_s tranny was a bit low on oil aswell check that too. he had exact symptoms as u, we did the clutch, changed oil on diff and tranny

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

also we 1 wheel bearing was bad too. could be that