Cars4Cancer C4Challenge

So umm

a stock GTR…

won over a R34 GTR…

Something is not right there…

Granted in big nation wide carshows say like HIN.> I could see an R34 loosing to something else…

but in a local carshow… with a clean r34… the only r34 not even placing is kind of ridiculous…

At least it dident loose to a 350Z with lambo doors and white lepoard print owned by a girl

i got a 12v cooler :slight_smile: no need for ice n shit.

:number1

no it lost to an AUtOMAIC GOLD 350z with Lambo doors

I don’t care if the R34 got a trophy or not, but there’s no way in hell the stock GTR should’ve placed. The S13 (Wallace I think?) and gray S14 w/ S15 front end and pink wheels should’ve placed higher than me, and I doubt they got anything either.

agreed, Chris. I was by the stage going “WTF” wondering how a stock car placed. I talked to the owner, he said nothing’s done to it. I understand when people bring cars to shows, lambos and ferraris, but if its stock, you shouldnt place.

yah, car shows are cool for the 1st half hour til you see everything, i took a stroll around, checked out some races and left. I didnt really care about the judging, it was worth the 20 bucks not to park in the feild next door, plus its STOCK (for now)

Well Fellas I busted my ass all year long for this and had to deal with a NOPI Show being put on the same day. I had a friend do the judging and I had nothing to do with it and I even said on stage about what is going on with this Nissan class. I will still stand by the judging because it was a friend of mine who is not choosing his friends over anything just trying to do the right thing wether or not I agree. Unfortunately he ended up being the only one doing the judging because the other judges dropped out. We did get someone else to help him BUT can you imagine the fustration one person has to go through to judge all the cars. This show truly isnt about trophies what so ever BUT to raise money and to “try” to put an enjoyable show for YOU the Enthusiast… This show went nothing the way it was planned. Our shows have been getting better and better our Chill n Grills have been great, just this benefit ended up being one of the shows that got in the way of progress. To me this one that one step forward FIVE steps back and in order to accomplish what Cars4Cancer is trying to do in my brothers memory I have to take this kick in the face. because it always falls back on me. I even had someone taking care of the Music also and that ended up all screwed up as well. Now with the Square Pegs there time slot was 4 o’clock they got there at 3:30 and then wanted to go on at 5 and pushed the other band 10 year vamp till 6 BUT that also kinda worked out because p00r no names wasnt done yet.

Bottom Line is that I really am sorry about the delays and shit and things were just out of my hands.

Cossey…there wasnt a Porsche Class the Judge made his own choice to change the Mini to Porsche. Otherwise you would of got nothing BUT he wanted to give you something. All our Awards were listed at the show when you came in AND on our site. In My eyes your R34 SHOULD of placed over a stock GTR not because of 1 in maybe 20 in the US BUT because someone put work into it. Your cars are impressive and ALOT more money than I could afford which makes them a joy to see.

I am just addressing all the things on here at the sametime though some people say I dont need to explain myself.

JVG yes I do consider myself a newbie at doing Car Shows…I never saw myself doing them and never wanted to do them, I just like going to them. This is my brothers idea who is no longer with us so I try my best for him. This show was the worst one we have done yet because we should of been more organized.Yes even over the first one LoL E.W. you were there we just got railroaded BUT it was also the first show I had ever done. Now 3 years and going not bad if i say so myself for a guy who never thought that part of his life would be doing benefit car shows to “try” and help others. Have you been to any others ones that we had?

Forgive and Forget I guess when all I wanted was to make this memorial in the positive not the negative. Sometimes Second chances work out. I am not going to beg BUT with what I am trying to do NEEDS all of us to make it succeed.

Oh and the most important I have NEVER, NEVER F*CKIN kept a dime for doing this and it may not be alot but at least I can say we tried to help 4 people and did accomplish helping with 3 people. All I can do is try to help and I help any way I can…

Last BUT NOT Least I do thank all of you for being there. We did try new things and I never want to put a show on past 4. Thats just no fun. BUT what I would like is more input…I will just start a new thread for that for those who have idea’s, we can only make this better together.

Damn now that I think about I think Elliot has only missed the first one he has seen the progression and knows first hand this was not one of our shiny moments.

Tony, youre killing me with that window sticker still stuck there. :lol

huh?

Look at the picture of the black ZR1…

i’ve been to all of your shows and they have improved. i had fun and i know my other friends had fun…they also had troubles but it’s only your 3rd yr in the game so have fun with it and keep going. i know i will be there just for the support to help fight cancer. my car (track-ish S13) is no show car at all but i love going to shows and hanging out with friends and drooling over baller cars…R34 and what not. thanks for the props cossey but your cars are insane man!

I like your car a LOT, Wallace.:thumbup

thanks man.

Honestly now thats its a new day I just wanted to say I love all the Cars !!!

Thanks, man. Swap cars for a day? lol

who’s got a pic of my piece of shit?

i didnt see any pics of my POS either. LOL

hey nick. get on aim or someshit

i’ll swap for the R34 anytime man!

All in all i’d say it was a pretty fun day. Reaffirming the idea that my accord will never go below 17.00 without spending an unnecessarily amt of money, seeing:bowdown Cossey’s or ANY skyline for the first time in person was pretty memorable to me. always imagined they’d be a lot bigger than that for some reason. Met a bunch of cool new people and enjoyed hanging out with everyone and drooling over their rides. As far as all the negatives (trophies, bands, etc.) shit happens. If you were more concerned about getting a trophy than being there to help support a good cause, just wait and go someplace else. i doubt thats what it was about. From reading everyones posts, it wasnt too bad for a guy whos still new at this kind of thing. Just like anything else, they’ll always be room for improvement. ill deff be there next year. no bitching or complaining out of me!

:thumbup