Cash for clunkers bills runs out of money.

It has everything to do with mileage and condition. You contradicted your own statement. Nobody is trading in cars that are worth more than $4500.

You could trade in a 2003 BMW if you were fucking retarded. Unless of course if was a beat to shit 2003 BMW with 200,000 miles and was worth less than $4500. Which means it has everything to do with mileage and condition along with it’s MPG rating.

But instead lets give it to a poor single mom and let her deal with the astronomical repair bills.

http://i40.tinypic.com/htsab8.jpg

THE CARS CAN NOT BE PARTED OUT. THEY MUST BE CRUSHED. The administration does not want to extend the longevity of older vehicles…thus do not want the cars parted out. Some dealers have not chosen to abide perfectly of course.
Also, some dealerships are sitting on the cars in case payment from the government never occurs. The paper work is heavy and there not any stron manpower on the government side to get payment to the dealers fast. Of course at the momen I am sure the Gov ,and us taxpayers are getting ripped off a little bit.
FURTHER, if you go the the Gov’t website, it state the dealer shall offer “scrap value”…the government didnt expect to have every dealer offer 3500-4500 per car. A rolling junk gets you top dollar…this was not the origional intent… or was it.

This also should have applied only to GM, Ford and Chrysler. Right? It’s “Americas” Stim Package. Either way, its just another way to get to the libs socialst goal of dependance on the Gov’t.

By the way, I am definately going to take advantage of it if stock at Jeep/Dodge gets replenished.

Also, people are trading in cars worth 5-6k, due to tax advantages and ease. I have personally wittnessed it more than once… this is gonaa screw up the used car market a bit , but luckily leasing is apparent back, after not really being available for 18 months. That will help the used car market.