CHERRY L98 Vette Killed for Cash for Clunkers..

:Idiots

good, it sucks

I dont personally like them, but it does suck to see em go. Would be like crushing your old red VW.

car was junk, it should be crushed along with having the motor fubared

I kinda figured Id get this kinda response from this site… Narrow minded people that dont see what this program is ACTUALLY doing, and is actually about. Its amazing that we just bailed out GM, then make a program in which sends most of its potential buyers to overseas makers. Yes, there are jobs with “import” makers in the U.S, but where do ya think most of the money goes… Idk, the whole program rubs me the wrong way.

The Federal Gov’t, where things dont HAVE to make sense…

too bad no mk2 qualifies:tongue they all get over 18 mpgs

i agree its like car genocide. i just hope all these people getting new “fuel efficient” cars can make their payments on them.

adam i’m fuckin with you, calm down calm down

Its not the govts fault… the owner is the one who traded it in for a govt rebate…

This makes me angry.

Not the point, it sucks to see cars going for NO apparant reason. Look at what it takes to get these “dirty” cars off the streets. The carbon footprint is much more than driving the cars for years, compares to buying a new car(which DOES take energy to make), transporting the “junk” cars, blowing them up, and having them sit around until they rot. Shits stupid. PLUS, they could make ALOT of money re-selling the vehicles to people who would not normally be able to afford them, and could be used as parts cars. ALOT of NY dealers have pulled out of the cash for clunkers deal, as they have not, and are worried that they will not be repaid by the Fed Govt. The dealers have to pay for the rebates out of THEIR pockets, and wait for re-imbursement. Another program working splendidly…

without the program where would the car have ended up?? :tongue

It’s all propaganda. People look at it from the dollar standpoint

“HEY! My cars only worth 500 but with OBAMA SAVIN’ THE DAY its worth 4500! OMGZ LETS GET INTO DEBT AND GET A NEW CAR!!!”

Who knows. Owner obviously didnt care enough…

I get what youre saying there, its just amazing to see all the ignorant people trading in potentially collectable/nice cars b/c they can get more for trade-in on them. There was a MINT 60K foxbody notchback that went in, too bad the owner didnt know the car was worth BIG money to the right person. Low mile notch’s have been selling for 7-8K+ all day long!

I would crush some piece of shit mk2 before the vette and I hate those vettes

I think the whole cash for clunkers thing was fucking stupid

I wonder if I were to say, trade in my SS for the cash for clunkers and say get a gay Prius? would they crush it???

I would hafto murder people.

i won’t lie, i was sitting on the couch last nigth and i’m like “fuck it. i can put the caddy back together and bring it in and walk off the lot with a new hyundai for 4 grand cash. Then i could sell my daily and come out ahead xxxxx monies”

Then like 10 minutes later i realized that was the dumbest thing i’ve ever said and had a beer to make up for it.

I’m not following why they aren’t offering some sort of auction buyback. I could see it having a ton of issues though.