Cash for clunkers passed: $3000-$5000 Credit

I say we get a group of us who are going to buy new cars and buy 80’s crown vics, then have a demo derby. Then trade them all in. Just make sure whatever you break, you can get them running again.

idunno, maybe that person snagging the new civic has been on the fence about buying.

I could never get that kind of money for my xterra on trade-in. Then again, I will buy another suv if I get rid of it, and I probably would only qualify for the lowest voucher.

Sorry, Aveo is made in Korea.

Doesn’t matter where it’s made, the “US assembled” requirement was part of the wrong bill originally linked. The real bill that was passed makes no mention of country of origin.

And I have a hard time believing you couldn’t get $3500 in trade for an xterra, unless it’s a really old 2wd 4 banger in bad shape with a bunch of miles.

Wifey’s lease is up on her tahoe next Aug so it will work out for me.Should only cost $400 or so in total costs(ins and reg)
Derek

FS 85 lesabre …

Juat?

A. It’s a lease turn in, so you don’t even own it. No voucher for you since the bank isn’t going to allow that truck to be shredded.

B. Even if you did own it I can’t picture a leased Tahoe your wife has been DDing being worth less than $3500.

It’s a 2000, has ZERO options(no power windows/locks no cruise control etc), busted A/C, rust on the front of the hood, flaking clear coat in one spot, and an ODO rollback on the carfax…let me run the kbb

edit: http://www.kbb.com/KBB/Selection/Condition.aspx?YearId=2000&WebCategoryId=42&ManufacturerId=35&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ModelId=246&PriceType=Trade-In&VehicleId=6770&Mileage=60000&SelectionHistory=6770|30859|27612|0|0|257241|true|257369|true|257356|false|257323|true|257516|true|257582|true

with the above mentioned issues, there is no way it’s considered “good” condition

LOL I am pretty sure he was talking about using a different car toward whatever will replace the lease.

:word:

Ah, nevermind, probably worth about a grand.

yeah, trying to sell a car in the south with broken A/C won’t really go well. At this point I am just running it into the ground(such a shitty idea)

^ Running it into the ground is a good idea actually. It’s not worth much in trade and every month it keeps going is a month you don’t have a car payment.

yeah, that’s true

sad part about it is that I am fairly confident I could drive it like this for years. If I wanted, I could pick up a new A/C compressor, but it would cost around 800 bucks. The body of the car is just going to rot out around the engine/transmission. Stupid Buffalo winters…

LOL yeah I think wifeys 07 Tahoe LTZ might be worth a little more then 3500:).
I’m saying on trading a register clunker in on her next vehicle.

Is it $500 yet and return your phone calls guy!

Says this program runs out Nov.1st:banghead:

Still might take a chance and buy one tho

It’s a 1 year program and the clunker has to be registered and insured for at least 1 year to qualify.

They did this specifically so people like you (and I’ll admit, me) couldn’t go buy $400 clunkers and get $4500 for them. :tup: to the government for actually thinking about these loopholes for once.

So if you want to try to scam the system you better get that clunker and get it registered/insured ASAP, before the bill passes the senate and gets signed by Obama. Even then you’re going to have to wait till almost the end of the program (assuming it gets signed soon) to get your qualifying year on your clunker. A year from now the economy may be doing well enough that you’ll actually lose money because you won’t be able to get the smoking deals you can get today on cars anymore.

i heard the Genesis 2.0T qualifies for this…

So what you need to do is offer some poor person a $1000 car and have them buy a new car and sell it to you cheap?

Do you think poor people will be buying cars and flipping them now, just to buy another $500 car but pocket $1000-2000 to buy crack and 40ozs with?