Caught doing over 50km/h...how it happened+more

Hi guys, I haven’t been around cause I’ve moved up North for work this summer. But I stil ed

Car: Nissan 350z, nismo body kit, 18” rims, carbon fiber interior

I was driving home last week and a cop alleged that I was travelling 133km/h in an 80km/hr zone. My license was suspended and my car was impounded. She didn’t even reduce the speed. This is how it happened, I was driving and there was a car coming in the opposing direction. Behind that car there was a cop car hidden, and behind that car was another car. I was on a one lane highway. And she turned around when I passed her.

So I’m pretty much screwed now.

1. I was heading home for a funeral, I am currently working about 3 hours away from Toronto, and it was getting dark.
  2. I am a University student (Masters), it is going to be extremely difficult for me to go back to school in September now.
  3. I have a clean driving record and have never even got a speeding ticket.

I am aware that only 33% have been convicted under this new legislation, and Im also aware that quite a few got this charge dismissed. I was really cooperative with the cop, and didn’t show any attitude what so ever.

If there’s any one out there who can offer me advice or knows someone who had their charge thrown out, please help.

Thanks,

tickets are based on danger to public and yourself.

if it was a backroad with no homes or anything around you wernt endangering many ppl and your in good shape.

if it was a school zone in october at 2:45pm, your screwed.

i think your in good shape!

Good luck. I’ve lost a 70km over ticket before, this was before Bill 203. But it was still quite pricey.

Lawyer fee, $800 fine, 6 points, and $14k insurance premium (combined with a 10 over and one partial fault ticket) on my 350Z. Hence why I had to sell my car.

Wow man hope all goes well for u. Thats what worries me i cant get a speeding ticket. I have a Skyline GTS HKS 2.4L coming in and Insurance would be through the roof if i was caught speeding. So u were making a pass then? Cuz last time i checked they teach in drivers ed to speed up to pass someone lol. I think u will be fine dude. Ur car sounds sweeeeeeet tho!

thanks, yea i was makin a pass, however, the cop didn’t see that because there was a car infront of the cop…
hopefully things work out…i’ve already paid close to a grand getting the car out of the impound

I know this may get flamed, but if you were on a country road, and the cop was in the opposite lane traveling say 80km, you had more then enough time to loose her shoulda just turned on the next side road and ripped it and then made another turn, even if it was out of your way. With your kinda car i would not expect any sympathy from any cop. Thats how it is.

Same thing happened to me, i used to own a Vr6 turbo, and you know how they sound. I saw a cop pass by on my left he was behind a car, i was cruising at 90km on a 80kmh. I looked through my rear view to see if he hit his breaks, and he did. so i just ripped it, i was long gone, made few lefts and rights and then cruised all the way home. why the hell should i let them get a free donut if you know what i mean. Once they stop you, and you have a modded car good luck!

but even then i think you should be fine in court.

r_bains sorry to hear another nissan owner gets slaped with that bs ticket, 130 on a straight road is nothing but law is the law, I just hope you are not selling your car because of it.
vr6 i kinda agree with you but would not post something like that on a public forum, you never know whos watching…
and only way I would try to out run cops would be a on a bike… but again I drive a pos slow altima lol

I agree with you. Thanks for the heads up. I kinda think its ridiculous though to pull people over on those one way two lane country roads, not to mention dangerous. most people cruise at 100km on the 80km country roads. I wouldn’t call what i did running away from cops as they never lit up the lights, i merely prevented them from getting to that point i guess.

I also want to thank few car guys out there, who boxed in an under cover cop car once that was trying to get behind us, we simply made a u-turn and he had to go straight.We all need to work together sometimes.

OP let us know how it goes, i would be interested in knowing the result, and maybe it will help me realize the consequences of getting pulled over in such a case.

I would advise that you speak with an excellent attorney, preferably one who has experience with the new bs law.

Even if the lawyer is $3000, it’s worth it if he wins. It still costs much much more in the long run if you don’t.