CBC Story on Street Racing

http://media.cbc.ca:8080/ramgen/news/national/real/streetracing020920.rm

hey whats the date on that story?

DId anyone see the ae86 in the shop?? :smiley:

yeah totally mis-represented…

I’ve yet to see a local news company cover the “scene” properly

they emphasized small things and under-stated major things

It’s funny how they can turn a story around when they decide to use only “certain elements”

If they want a realisitic answer to SR they will have to do 1 simple thing… give ppl an alternative

if Miller got up and said ok, heres a track for u guys, please keep racing off the streets… most of the REAL car junkies would go there… and only the street Poseurs would go looking for a “race” on the street

I go to the track regularily during track season but not many ppl are willing to go 2 hours east or west for some action…

Especially with a city as car driven as toronto (I know the story was in richmond bc) we should have a track near the GTA…

Law makers and media are asking the wrong questions and getting the wrong answers as a result…

It’s obvious that raising insurance rates and passing laws to piss off enthusiasts isn’t gona help… They/we will love cars no matter what laws they pass… after all it’s a free country right?

what they should be doing with all their legislative might is build a Track!!!

tsk tsk… I’ve yet to vote a “car guy” into office…

I still say we should build a bridge to the Toronto Island and have a track build there. The wide open space of the airport runway should be perfect. And being in the middle of Toronto it would be accesible to all of GTA and the surrounding areas. Of course the traffic would be a PITA.

that video is pretty old…

but still, what kind of complete idiots try invest that kind of time & money on trying to stop “street racing”???

pulling those two cars wont stop a single race and wont save a single life.

it’s laughable.

either make selling the products illegal, or shut the hell up…

and of all teh incidents in VAN that were mentioned, not a one invlved a modified car, i remember it on NWN last year.

so one car is speeding and gets into an accident means that they were racing.

it also means that modified cars must be stopped???

more people drown in backyard pools every year than they do “street Racing”… better put a stop to swimming and fill in all neighbourhood pools

Dont Speak too soon

http://www.petitiononline.com/sect1722/petition.html

You cannot compare swimming to street racing. Drowning is purely a freak accident, when you go street racing or any sort of racing you risk your life everytime.

It is like smokers who say they are going to die anyways. Yes you will die anyways, but how soon is up to you.