CEL F22B1 Acura CL

I have a cel I can’t get rid of in my 2.2 CL. I don’t remember the exact code but when I hooked it up to a diagnostic scanner it said “Insufficient Air Flow”. I bought a new EGR valve and took the intake manifold off and cleaned it, but the code is still there.

What else could it be?

probably a vacuum line

maybe this will help?

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/generic/p0401-insufficient-exhaust-gas-recirculation-flow-egr.php

Thanks for the link. I’m going to check the vacuum lines again.

Hopefully it’s not another sensor. Those damn things are expensive.

If you think it might be another sensor, give import auto salvage a call, they should be able to hook you up. They’re in central NC, not sure how far you are from them but they usually have a lot of parts sitting around and they could/would probably even help with diagnosing the problem.

a Friend of mine Is having the same problem on his cl,

He talked to a hondatech and he said that the intake manifold needs removed and the carbon needs cleaned out, i do not beleive this. is the problem

actually its possible. Mercedes will throw a air injection code if the intake/heads become to gummed up with carbon. Never heard of it happening on a Honda/Acura though

I took the intake manifold off and cleaned out the carbon, which there wasn’t much of. So far I’ve done that, checked the vacuum lines and replaced the EGR valve and I still have the CEL.

Is there any way to get it to pass inspection with this light on? When I hook it up to the scanner it shuts the CEL off for a little while and then it comes back on again. If I shut it off right before it gets inspected it would still have to complete it’s cycle before it could pass inspection anyways, correct?