Cell Phone Bill Advise.

I went over my minuets by a lot this month, and ended up with a $500 phone bill. I have T-Mobile and I have had it for about 5 years, never have gone over before and never have a late payment. I have a 2000 minute plan and use my phone a lot for work. I was wondering have any of you guys been in this situation and what can I do about it, do I just have to pony up the money and live with it, or can I wheel and deal a bit with them being that I have been a loyal customer for so long?

make your employeer pay for part of it if you really use it for work that much

they wont care, ur stuck with it

You are stuck with it, the only thing you can do at the moment is ask your employer to pay for it. If you can provide that it was used for work, usually they will reimburse you, I know TWC would reimburse me anytime I use my phone for work.

i went over this month also, there wasnt anything i could do since the company didnt mess up or anything… but if you solve anything i havent paid yet, so maybe you have more ideas

It never hurts to try calling. Be polite and calmly explain that since you’ve never gone over in all those years of being a good customer if they can’t do something to help you out you’re switching to AT&T. Their rollover plan would have protected you here, and make sure they’re aware of it.

Worse case they don’t do anything and you lost a few minutes on the phone.

Look at how much money they spend on advertising to bring in new customers. If you’re a good customer (pay on the time etc) I’m willing to be there is some retention incentives a supervisor has access to if you’re calm and convince them you’re really leaving for another carrier.

i have never even thought of this. I bet they wont bulge. my bill was 376 for last month. I just coughed it up. Between all the house phone calls being forwarded to my cell while my dad is on the nursing home and my wife on the phone like crazy last month when her truck was stolen. I actually just bumped my plan up to 1K mins a month so this wont happen any more. See if your employer will cough up any

:word: to jayS, you can try, you can see if you can get sent to retentions and you can threaten to cancel, but be careful because some companies (sprint) will let you go if you call and complain too much. I think it’d be worth calling and asking but chances are since its no mistake and you talked all that time, you will end up flippin the bill. good luck

You can have it adjusted. Call in and complain that you “didnt know” “This has never happened before” ect. I have had bills reduced by over $100 before.

You can try a T-Mobile store too. Its all the luck of the draw and who you get to help you. If if doesnt work call back later.

I am about to call. I wanted to get some ideas first. And i know my employer will do nothing for me. All they ever tell the other guys at work when they ask is that we should use our customers phones to make all of our work related calls. I just feel like a jerk asking for a customers phone 4-5 times an install. So I usually use my phone for most of it, espesually when a customer only has a cell phone witch is becoming very popular.

last time this happened to me i told them i knew i was going to be over for a certain month, and that i went in to change the plan and it never went through worked twice and saved about $700

any space open yet for car storage???

who do you work for, your employer ever hear of nextel?? or are u private contract like dish installers???

We all have nextel phones, but they don’t work when trying to call up DTV to activate shit. Or calling your next cust etc.

verizon does adjustments all the time. cant help you out with tmobile though, sorry.

Yes, I install DirecTV. They give us Nextel Direct Connect’s but we can only DC other employees and the office. Only problem with that is that I never need to call the office for anything and I rarely call other employees for much. I use my phone to close my jobs and call my customers to give them updates on ETA’s which ends up in about 40 phone calls a day. None of which are possible to be made from a Nextel they give us because it can not dial out only DC.

Also I just got off the phone with T-Mobile, the best they will do is $55 credit and they say if I want to cancel they will charge me a ridiculous amount of money because I still have like 9 months on my contract.

Did you try what i said? And if the first person says no or they cant do it just try again till you get someone who will.

(Storage?)

^ sounds about right, they couldnt do anything for me even though im off contract

Explain more what I should say to them,
and Off topic: I am working on getting a space clear (a stupid DSM is in the way right now) as soon as I put rod bearings in it, it will be out.

Tell them that you went to the mall, went to a TMS store (The Mobile Solution, a T-Mobile dealer), you asked them to change your plan and then you were sent on your way.

In the future if you go over your minutes, call 611 and bump your plan to the next one up and have it backdated to the beggining of the month.

Problem solved.

edit: I used to work for T-Mobile.

maybe you should invest 30 a month in a crickett or blue wireless phone. seems like it would be worth it to stop this from happening.