Cell Phone People Help Me!!!

I’m having a huge problem… Certain companies (my office included) cannot reach me on my cell phone. My phone doesn’t ring it just goes to the message

“We’re sorry but that number cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number and try again.”

This only happens on certain land line phones, never a problem with cell phone to cell phone calls and my phone can call and be connected to any number, including the ones that cannot connect to me.

I’ve contacted Cingular and Verizon (land line) and each company blames the other, so I’m stuck with a phone that only receives some calls. Does anyone know what the hell is going on here?

My boss at my current job told me that I almost didn’t get this job a year ago because he couldn’t get ahold of me, luckily, I put my e-mail address on my resume.

its because you’re a fucking lamer, and no one likes you. they probably arent even calling you… they just say they are to make you feel a little better.

I would think that is true, but I call myself sometimes to make myself feel better and I can’t get through when I call, so I know there’s some kind of problem.

I know I can always count on you for the right answer :wink:

it is because you have cingular and cingular fucking sucks cock.

I had this problem and finally got answer of what it is.

This is the situation, you are in “Cell A” whereas cingular, the shitbox it is reads you as being in “Cell B” and thus since you are not actually in the cell that cingular thinks you are in it comes up out of service.

I fucked around with the douchebags are cingular for 3 months on this until i finally canceled my contract with them. The good news is if you argue you can get them to only charge you for half your bill… I argued that since I am only getting half my service (outgoing calls) i should only pay half the service… it worked, but didn’t make me want to stay a customer.

cliff notes: expect this to continue until you change providers :tup:

They want to give me a new cell number… but I really don’t want to go through the hassle of changing my number and telling all my friends and business contacts the new number.

Did they offer that to you? Think it would work?

Tell them to fuck off

Cingular is notorious for changing the trunks that calls are routed through and fucking up the route patterns of their amazingly huge network to provide you with this awesome “your call cannot be completed as dialed” service that you are experiencing from landlines.

nope, if you are out of contract seriously just change… its never going to get fixed. if you are in contract keep bitching until they drop your rates and/or let you cancel your contract.

you’re in for fun. hope you like bitching at people :slight_smile:

go to verzion keep ur number and get a kick ass phone

Got them to drop the contract… a whole 9 months early. It’s been going on for well over a year so they had no choice in the matter now.

:tup:

that’s good customer service

i actually have recently been experiencing the same damn thing…i just upgraded to a new phone cause mine was over a year old and really showed its age. they got these new “SIM” cards…the phone worked great the day i got it, but then after that it wold cut out 30secs into every call and say “insert card”…so i returned the phone for another one, now i lose service like its going outta style. i lose all 5bars in a split second and then i cant make/recieve calls for at lease 5mins after that. its friggen annoying, i also get voicemails at random times from calls i never recieved and the voicemail left like a day prior and crap like that. we are on the familytalk plan, and when we signed the nightime free minutes were from 7pm-7am, we had racked up a bunch of rollover, but then one month we got this outrageous $700 phone bill, apparently they switched it to 9pm and we couldnt prove it was always 7 with our contract and we used up all the rollover minutes in that 2hr difference everyday. we argued and got the bill cut in half, but that is still bullshit. when our contract is up in 8months we are switching to verizon.

i fucking hate cingular

/rant

:gotme: mine works perfectly and i’d never switch…what kind of phone did you get?
If its an LG or something, that’s your problem

tis an LG, previous was a samsung, they told me the LG was better than the samsung they were offering :gotme:

Cingular towers are connected via Verizon… I’ve had no real issues with Cingular so Zer0dazE and I say, “Fuck You!!” :wink:

LG phones suck on GSM. If you’re on GSM, Nokia > SonyEricsson/Motorola > * . (except treo)
If you’re within 30 days, return the phone and try something from nokia. 99% chance the call probs go away

it happened with any phone I tried… I had an LG, then moved to Motorola. Nothing seemed to work, plus the coverage for Cingular blows… always cutting in and out and I can’t get service in most places in East Amherst. Oh and of course that annoying buzz that the phone does to my speakers and mytelevision. Cingular has to go.

every phone does that

My Verizon work phone doesn’t… Only my Cingular shit has before… TDMA and GSM…

i dont even need to chime in here :slight_smile:

Not like Cingular’s… sounds like the damn speaker is going to explode.