cell phone tickets in WNY

so i received a ticket for being on my cell phone in Niagara Falls, NY yesterday.

how much are these things?

why do WNY tickets not have dollar amounts on them…, it’s retarded. how do i know if i am going to pay it or not if i dont know how much it is?

how pissed off will the judge be when i show up in court and tell him that the only reason i am here is so that i can force costs on the court and the city that are far in excess of the fine you have levied on me?

silly canucks :stuck_out_tongue:

I hear that guantanamo bay is lovely this time of year.

$100

its $50 or $100… then they can slap on the $35 surcharge

if thats the case, your fine just went from $100 to 15 days in Niagara County

But srsly its like $100 or under, haven’t gotten one in a few years but I doubt much has changed

edit: and to answer the ? about why the fine amount isn’t on there, is because your fine amount depends on 3 things: how you present yourself to the court, your driving record, and the judges mood.

Make sure you bring green money too. I believe you’d get your ass kicked whippin out that colored stuff in a courthouse around here :lol:

make sure that you somehow link in your views of September 11th 2001 in your statements to the judge…

^ :lol:

It was $125 back when I got one many years ago in Amherst. And I always dress well for court and act respectful toward the DA/judge.

Nick is on today. The mods were slipping yesterday.

Yeah bing they don’t put dollar amounts on them because in NYS, if someone goes to court, pleads Not Guilty and has the prosecutor reduce the ticket (moving violations) to a parking ticket, then the money goes to the town, and not the state. So you are given a court date to appear to have it reduced instead of getting points.

What you could do, since you are down here enough, is mail in the Not Guilty plea, and wait for them to send you a court date. Show up, have it reduced, and then pay the fine without getting the points.

(this is how it was explained to me, so if I’m wrong, please correct me)

there are no points on teh ticket anyways.

i am going to plead not guilty and get teh court date anyways just to see how things work. mind you, i was pretty disgusted by Grand Islands process… or lack of process, due process that is.

the cop doesnt have to show and provide supporting evidence… in Canada if the cop doesnt show the ticket is thrown out.

nice police-state you guys have there.

Seems like it would be a PITA for ALL the cops to show up on a court date. There wouldn’t be anyone on patrol lol. Just wait until you see the courtrooms here man. You will understand what I mean. Don’t expect a walk in/walk out venture.

Welcome to the People’s Republic of NY.

just dont pay it and never come back :gotme:

Tickets tranfer accross the border…trust me. lol.

lol dam NM then

Not sure how a cell ticket would transfer across since it’s not even a crime in Ontario.

I thought they implemented it there as well. For any moving violation, you still get the points across the border.

its not a moving violation