cest ce fuck?

So i have a 91 s13 with a dohc and im having a bit of an issue. When your are driving/reving the car at low ish rpm (up too about 4K) the car runs fine, drives fine. Now if you get on after 4K or just punch it the car hesitates and takes awhile to even get to redline and it burns a lot of oil. Now if tried switching exhausts, has brand new plugs in it. I can’t think of anything. Clogged injector maybe, bad timing? WTF MATE

Any input is greatly appreciated

How many k’s you got on the engine? If you’re feeling that it doesn’t have enough sludge and junk clogging the valves (and potentially acting as seals for damaged (worn through use) valves and/or valve seats, you could always give Seafoam a shot. $12.99 at your local PartSource.

I believe theres just over 200,000K on the motor, Im thinking its just bad timing but i dunno. I could give Seafoam a shot.

Sound’s like a similar problem to what I’m having. Does anyone know where I could get my timing adjusted? Ruffly the cost as well?

Your driveway, free, and it’ll take about 5 minutes. Unless you’re referring to cam timing, which shouldn’t move after you set it…

yeah im thinking timing is the next thing to check on the list, it also starts to burn a lot of oil or somehting at higher RPM, im thinking its just shit in the exhaust from the exhaust sitting around.

well if its lacking power and burning oil your rings might be shot. have you done a compression test/leakdown test?

CT for a compression test then if it comes up bad you might have a blown headgasket or they can set your timing for you

Yeah it is a possibility, but IIRC when it had the stock exhaust on i don’t recall it smoking or smelling like burnt oil, even when i started it with no exhaust at all to see if it was clogged cat causing the power issue it didn’t smoke or burn oil, im thinking its just the exhaust, that was off a car that sat forever, so im going to do the compression test see how that turns out. Ill check out the timing too see if its off or what not.

I think you may have just solved your problem. Get a new exhaust and cat.

you work for an exhaust company or something?? seems like your answer to everything :stuck_out_tongue:

An exhaust wont cause you to burn oil or cause the hesitiation.
Its been said many times check your timing. Does it sound like its missing when you start feeling the hesitation? can you hear a difference in tone? I’d check your maf too, may be giving a false reading.

the exhaust came off your car.

No it runs completely fine, doesn’t miss fire or nothing, theres not difference in the tone, like it drives completely normal through every gear if you shift before 4k anything after that it doesn’t want to go. I know an exhaust won’t make the car burn oil, just it never smoked that bad with even just a header on, or even the stock exhaust. Which leads me to believe there is shit in the exhaust, but that doesn’t account for the burning of oil.

And Hacknik the car has been run with no exhaust at all and it still does it does the hesitation, so exhaust has been check of the list.

timing and look for a leak in the plumbing after the maf was what I planned on making you do next time.

LMFAO… ITS THE EXHAUST … if its off of my old car, then change it. Try using someone elses. That old exhaust was probobly full of shit. Its been sitting in a driveway for the past year and a half. (before i bought it.) The previous owner didint take care of her.

Correction its not the exhaust. The oil burning is from the gas i put in it, it was in my garage and was supposed to be just straight gas, until my step dad has a shit when he couldn’t find his lawnmower gas. So that fixes that problem. Now its just the timing hopefully.

lol, my bad then, still … im not sure of the condition on the exhaust and cat. it has been siting around for a good while, so dont be afraid to get it checked out. Then again, im no professional, and it could easily be another issue that you mentioned, such as the timing.

Well turns out the timing was off by about 3 degrees, moved it there and she runs and drives like a dream now, thanks for all the input.